Endless Ocean - Better guide rating?

squidjuice

WiiChat Member
Oct 3, 2007
Wisconsin, USA
What's the best way to get a good rating for being a dive guide? The highest I've received is 4/5. Since then I've been getting 3/5. I always show the divers what they want to see and I interact with the fish and feed them. I also interact with other marine life, but still just get a 3. Any advice?

From what I have been able to guess at, when your client makes a comment like "I'll remember this forever" or something like that, you get a star. I think you have to be under the water long enough for them to make three such comments (I've always thought you get a star for each time they say something like that).

I could be completely wrong of course, but that's what I've noticed. It could just be coincidence though... :) One thing you want to make sure you DON'T do is lose them on a dive - you'll most certainly lose a star for that... :)

I have been on 4 guides now. i got 5/5 on all of them. im down there for bout 25 minutes on each guide dive. i look at all the fish i come across, interact with the fish, feed a few. but the main goal is to find the fish they want to see. that usually takes me a bit, but i wont go back up until i found it. as long as you are checking out everything you can, the guide will stay "interested" and make good comments. even tho he will make comments repeatedly about seeing a certain fish until you find it, it will not affect his judgement on your dive. just make sure you eventually find "his" fish he wants to see. and every now and then you will get a radio call from above saying you can return anytime, dont listen to it. stay down there for awhile checking out as much as you can, even stuff you have seen a million times. point and click on every fish u can. just to show the guide each fish.

hope this helps,
happy diving

Hey guys... having a bit of a problem.... im diving being a guide and sometimes see like a swirly rainbow sort of thing and like the pointer icon doesn't change when you point at it and you can't click on it to reveal what it is.... you know what i'm talking about?

any ideas what you do?

edit: i think i figured it out, you press + and then you can see stuff like fish that you cant see in normal view...

Last edited:
vashivihan said:
is this "non-game" any good?

good? yeah it's good. i don't think it's as great as some people seem to think but it is a pretty cool and relaxing game. the controls are great though, i have to give it that. you will see some graphics errors from time to time but they aren't often nor are they annoying or intrusive. its a really great game for when you want to take a break from another game, that's what i use it for... "&*#% i can't bean this &*%#ing song on guitar hero!!!!" then i pop endless ocean in for a bit, calm down and after a little bit i'm calm and go back to the game i'm playing. i mean i guess if you're really really into learning new things about fish or you love diving then this might be a great primary game, but the knowledge i've gotten from the game so far isn't anything i didn't already know.

just my $.02

kyle

Back