Error 32002

ericlewis91

im McLovin
Dec 1, 2006
London,Ontario,Canada
Wii Online Code
6031-8713-1077-8188
I just entered my preferences for my wii with the wireless stuff...then it checks the connection and its fine..then it updates the console and is error 32002

I got

Microsoft Wireless Base Station MN-500 802.11b?

and

Webstar Cable Modem?

How do i fix it?

Try changing your channel on the router to 11 or 1. For Linksys WRT54G routers enter the ip address of the router (default is 192.168.1.1) enter password and user name (default is admin/admin) then click wireless tab, now select a different wireless channel from the drop down box. Fix is not guaranteed to work for all consoles.

I was having a big problem with those two errors, when I realized that the WEP encryption has to be set on Key 1 in order for the Wii to recognize it. It\'s the same with the DS. (via email, thanks Joseph)

I found a solution to this. I was able to pass the connection test, but I would fail during update with code 32002. The solution turned out to be to enter manually the ip address of DNS that my wireless router used. (via email, thanks jamh)

I would like to add to the information you have posted that on top of what you have posted, I had to change the MTU value from 0 (Default) to 1500 witch it was in the router for the Wii to finally connect and download the updates. (via email, thanks Jose

I'm able to pass the connection test but the update fails with error code 32001. Changing my wireless channel and manually specifying the DNS have no effect. Judging from my router's log file, the Wii does a DNS to Nintendo's server, sends out some packets, and then sits there.

Any thoughts?

George

Back