Error Code: 220602....please Help

nitemareneo

WiiChat Member
May 23, 2006
Every time i try to view the End User License Agreements it says:

Unable To Connect To The Internet
ERROR CODE: 220602

I have all the updates on my Wii and I have checked the nintendo site for the error code and i get nothing when i type it in: | Nintendo - Customer Service | Wii

PROBLEM SOLVED! (for me anyways)

I read on another forum that other people were having the same problem (but didn't mention the errorcode). They said that they got it to work by:
  • Temporarily disabling WEP encryption on the router.
  • Set up another internet connection profile on the Wii (w/o encryption key)
  • Select the User Agreement on the Wii.
  • Re-set the WEP encryption key on the router.
  • Switch back to the internet connection profile on the Wii (w/encryption).

Worked for me! Hope this helps others.

Last edited:
Mine did the same thing at 1st. (unsecured wireless)

Once I secured my wireless with a WEP, I reset the connection settings, made a new one, and now it works like a charm!

Problem solved buddy. :)

what kind of router do u have? we'll need to know that first to help you to disable your WEP

I'm also having trouble with this. Can someone help me with the WEP encrytion?

Go to | Nintendo - Customer Service | Wii (or the link posted up there ^) this will let you type in the error code your wii gave you and tell you what it means. then you choose what router and model it has then it might tell you what exaclty to do.

I was having the same issue were I was able to get updates ok by when I went to the agreement I would get the 220602 error. What I had to do to get this to work is go to start/run/cmd. This takes you to a dos prompt. then type ipconfig/all. look for DNS ip address. write them down. the first is your primary the second one is your secondary. Then I had to go to the internet settings on the wii console. Under DNS settins I chose no and then advanced. I put the secondary ip address in the primary ip address field and the primary ip address in the secondary ip address field and saved changes. went back to the agreement and it started working.

Are you wanting to know how to set your Wii system up on your wireless router through the Wii console or how to get into the setup of your wireless router?

Back