Error Code: 220602....please Help

PROBLEM SOLVED! (for me anyways)

I read on another forum that other people were having the same problem (but didn't mention the errorcode). They said that they got it to work by:
  • Temporarily disabling WEP encryption on the router.
  • Set up another internet connection profile on the Wii (w/o encryption key)
  • Select the User Agreement on the Wii.
  • Re-set the WEP encryption key on the router.
  • Switch back to the internet connection profile on the Wii (w/encryption).

Worked for me! Hope this helps others.
Mine did the same thing at 1st. (unsecured wireless)

Once I secured my wireless with a WEP, I reset the connection settings, made a new one, and now it works like a charm!

Problem solved buddy. :)

This solution worked beautifully...it's so great to have an answer to such a simple problem. Thank you very much!!!

I was having the same issue were I was able to get updates ok by when I went to the agreement I would get the 220602 error. What I had to do to get this to work is go to start/run/cmd. This takes you to a dos prompt. then type ipconfig/all. look for DNS ip address. write them down. the first is your primary the second one is your secondary. Then I had to go to the internet settings on the wii console. Under DNS settins I chose no and then advanced. I put the secondary ip address in the primary ip address field and the primary ip address in the secondary ip address field and saved changes. went back to the agreement and it started working.

Thank you so much for this!
I tried all day until I found this and it worked!
Thank's

On the PC get your DNS by this method, go to start, all programs, accessories, command prompt, then type ipconfig /all, it is necessary to be login as an administrator, on some PC's the list may be long, so it may be necessary to scroll back up, once the DNS addresses are located record then.
In the wii go to options, settings, scroll over to internet, change settings, at your net name scroll over to the DNS and select NO and then advanced and set your addresses you recorded, then save and try again, good luck.

I went to the website on nintendo support someone linked typed in the error. Typed in my 2 dns servers listed on my computer it said to do and bam everything worked :) its really fast now too.

Back