Error code 86420 or something.

Beki_J

WiiChat Member
Apr 9, 2007
Liverpool, UK
Wii Online Code
3158-4676-9186-3657
I keep getting this error code when I try and trade with people it's soo annoying. I've looked on google and everywere says that it's a firewall problem but I have disabled the firewall on my router and on my computer and it still doesn't work. It's only when I try and connect to PEOPLE aswell lol the GTS and downloading teams works in pokemon and also I can play regional, worldwide etc on mario kart..haven't tried it with friend codes yet but I ASSUME anything with friend codes will not work.

Does anyone have any ideas about what could fix it? I thought it might be because I have a US game in a UK DS? Would that even make a difference?

Are you sure it's not a firewall on their routers? Might be the firewall settings on your computer are too strict, meaning you have to turn down firewall on both router and computer..

They said they didn't have a problem connecting to other people though so I don't think it is their firewalls and I definitely don't have any because I set them all to off. Unless my anti-virus thing counts? Idk if that has a built in firewall lol.

If the firewall on the router is off and DMZ is not enabled that means that putting the DS into the DMZ will not make a difference doesn't it? lol so there is no need for me to try that...it seems that is the solution though for most people :/

Back