EU VC update 2/11/07

Napalmbrain

WiiChat Member
May 15, 2006
Cardiff, Wales
4 games this week:

Alien Soldier [Mega Drive]: Treasure shooter similar to Gunstar Heroes. For some reason, it was never released in America, only in Japan and Europe.

Art of Fighting [Neo Geo]: What, a Neo Geo game involving fighting? Surely not...

Samurai Ghost [TG-16]: Never heard of it. I bet most of you ain't either.

Sonic 3D [Mega Drive]: For some reason they've skipped Sonic and Knuckles, the concluding part of Sonic 3, and gone to the next one. This was the moment it all started going horribly wrong for the Sonic franchise, and coincidentally the first 3D game in the series...

Alien Soldier sounds alright, and given how fun Gunstar Heroes was I might just buy it.

A few NES, or SNES games would have helped. I was kind of hoping Nintendo would take priority on their consoles when they started VC.

sagema said:
A few NES, or SNES games would have helped. I was kind of hoping Nintendo would take priority on their consoles when they started VC.

It's Sega week (first update of the month), so it was unlikely we would see any Nintendo releases. While I have no problem with having more games for other consoles, I do agree that more SNES games wouldn't go amiss.

sagema said:

.......(SIGH), you know, thats exactly what I said in the "i feel ripped off" thread, and you told me to shut up/ quit my bitching. And here you are saying what I said. Glad to see you come around.:smilewinkgrin:

I didnt buy the wii, after all the advertising they did about what VC was GOING to be, to play ANY of this TG-16 (or whatever it was called, PC enigine was it?) shite, and half of the Genesis (sorry, megadrive) games they give us suck too. They just throw whatever at you.

MORE NES, SNES N64!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (the angry mob stirs about). Thats what they said theyd give us, thats all i want. Why is it I can name 100 classic NES titles alone, that should be on here before most of the junk.

Conan the Librarian said:
.......(SIGH), you know, thats exactly what I said in the "i feel ripped off" thread, and you told me to shut up/ quit my bitching. And here you are saying what I said. Glad to see you come around.:smilewinkgrin:

I didnt buy the wii, after all the advertising they did about what VC was GOING to be, to play ANY of this TG-16 (or whatever it was called, PC enigine was it?) shite, and half of the Genesis (sorry, megadrive) games they give us suck too. They just throw whatever at you.

MORE NES, SNES N64!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (the angry mob stirs about). Thats what they said theyd give us, thats all i want. Why is it I can name 100 classic NES titles alone, that should be on here before most of the junk.

Now I'll agree there should be more Nintendo games, especially SNES ones (currently there's only half as much as Sega have on there, despite the fact they had roughly equal numbers of games), but I would have to say that having games from other systems isn't a bad thing. Admittedly we could do without turds like JJ and Jeff, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have put TG-16 or other consoles on there. Look at Bonk's Revenge for example, easily one of the best platformers currently on the VC. And taking off the rose-tinted glasses for a moment, it's worth remembering that Nintendo consoles had plenty of turds too (Lunar Pool, anyone?). A release rate of around 5 per week would be the most ideal solution, allowing for plenty of Nintendo games without missing out on what the other consoles have to offer.

Yeah but its the NINTENDO wii and NINTENDO virtual console priority should be on the nintendo. Hopefully mario 3 or turtles 2 or something good that was on the NES will come out soon in NA.

I was expecting a slow VC release for the summer, after all VC was still new. But as we get into X-mas I'm expecting Nintendo to get more serious, after all they've had almost a year now to get used to VC.

That's why these current releases confuse me. Since when did Sega and TG-16 become the best consoles? I think it's great that you guys got 4 games. I've been saving up lots of VC points for X-mas, I want just one great game like Chrono Trigger to launch before then.

Back