Evil ERROR 20100

Zikarot

Dark Messenger
Feb 3, 2008
As the title says... I am being haunted by the evil "error 20100" on my NTSC-U Wii... Just for you to know, this horror (error-horror, funny thing :p) comes out when you try to play online with... well... any game xD. This means:
  • I can use any of the Wii Chanels freely, and they work perfectly, which means my Wii connects to the internet successfuly.
  • I can play any game perfectly, but when trying to go online... for example with Mario Strikers Charged, it says "Connecting"... "Authenticating"... and nevers comes over that. After some time it just says "ERROR 20100 - Unable to connect, check bla bla bla"

Some extra material:
  • My Mario Strikers Charged is a PAL back-up, I thought this could be the problem... but tried with BWII and GHIII (both NTSC-U) and got the same error.
  • My Wii is modded with a Wiinja Deluxe chip.
  • I have a Linksys Wi-Fi Router.
  • My connection is not bad.
  • The Wii connects to the routher Wi-Fily (XD), using no wires.
  • I am sick of this error... I've been looking for a solution but found none.

Now I humbly ask for your help, reader of the forum, please answer my plea and give light to my cause (?).

May the force be with you.

i have a similar problem but its with connecting to people on my friends list it always disconnects me before i can even play.....

My guess is the mod chip, cause on XBOX 360 live if you mod your xbox 360 in anyway it will not let you online at all due to hacking and viruses and such I am guessing. So maybe that is why... :wtf:

Mmm...

I thought that, and it would definitely suck... Fortunately I know that you CAN play online with back-ups (It is not intuition, I have asked to game and console sellers and they confirmed it).

I am getting the same problem trying to connect online using SSB Brawl. I don't have a mod chip but i do use a Linksys wireless router. any help?

dcinalli said:
I am getting the same problem trying to connect online using SSB Brawl. I don't have a mod chip but i do use a Linksys wireless router. any help?

exact same problem here.
but i have a d-link router, but same, i cant get online with super smash bros brawl.
Please Help!

that error code appears if the online servers are all full, just keep trying, and u will get it

i know this because i get the same error code after tennis practice(5:30 pm AZ), yet at like 2:00 am(AZ time) on saturday, not a single 20100 error code

I found the answer

I called Nintendo, talked to the support people a long time, did a lot of unnecessary stuff, but finally found something that worked.

Connection settings for the internet
Select Connection 1, clear the settings you've got in there now.

I'm a little fuzzy on this but you've next got to choose manual setup. When you select Wireless settings, click the right arrow in response to that middle empty box
For a Primary DNS enter 208.67.222.222
For a Secondary DNS enter 208.67.220.220

Auto detect IP address? Select Yes.
Save this.
Then when you go back and see Connection !, it will say "none" instead of "wireless" or "wired." Don't let this bother you. It's ok, it's supposed to say none. Go back to the Wii menu and try to connect to Netflix again. I had to login again with my Netflix email address and password, no worries, I got through and can watch movies again. Best of luck. Sorry if my directions are not exactly clear in terms of which window is where, but the two key parts are the DNS addresses, which you can only get by manual setup and autodetect the IP address. Well, I'm not sure you need autodetect IP address, but I didn't know what manual info to put in there, it didn't work until I selected autodetect.

Back