Excite Truck Graphics

UkranianTractor

WiiChat Member
Nov 3, 2006
Kinross, Scotland
Is anyone here disappointed with the visuals in this game?

I've just been to GameSpot:prestitial and they only gave it 6.8/10. Not terrible, granted. However, they basically say that the visuals are sloppy and actually become worse(jaggies) when viewed on 480p.

On the same site there are screenshots of a similar game for ps2 called ATV offroad fury. This game looks at least as good as excite truck!! whats going on?!!!

Not good enough Nintendo.

It's not nintendo who developed excite truck, it's system 3. But yeah, I must admit I didn't have the best feeling about this game from when I heard about it and saw the first trailers, still I'm dissapointed gamespots first Wii review is below 8.

all people go on about these days are graphics. if it had graphics as good as ps3 or xbox360 we'd have to pay a lot more than we are now.

i always see graphics as a sort of extra because generally once you get into the core gameplay you hardly noticed the graphics if it's a good game.

Thing is, you'll be paying £180 for a Wii. Once you've got a couple of games you're up to the same as what a 360 would cost anyway. Then you've got to buy an extra wiimote and nunchuk for 2 player, etc.

UkranianTractor said:
Thing is, you'll be paying £180 for a Wii. Once you've got a couple of games you're up to the same as what a 360 would cost anyway. Then you've got to buy an extra wiimote and nunchuk for 2 player, etc.

that logic doesn't make sense. you have to buy a couple of games for your 360 and another controller...

the fact is a wii is cheaper than 360 and ps3, no matter what.

it's like asking why a games on my £100 graphics card doesn't look as good as on a £300 one.

To me graphics mean more than just the number of details or perfectly animated sequenses and so on... it's more about delivering the "right" graphics for a particular game. By that I mean, creating an atmosphere that corespond with the theme and gameplay. Take for instance F-Zero to the cube. Very simpel in design, yet excellent eye candy as you rush through courses at tremendous speed with 30 racers on screen not causing the slightest lag. Or Zelda the Wind Waker. Cel shading fits perfectly for that game, made me nostalgic the moment I laid my eyes on the main menu.

So even if the cube was less powerfull than the ps2 and xbox, I was much delighted playing the games on it and didn't give the "lower graphical aspect" the slightest thought. That is not what I pay for and neither will that be the case for the Wii.

As for my personal expectations regarding the Wii and especially the Nintendo titles, I'm sure they're gonna and have put some excellent graphics together that fit the games just as it should... fingers X

Back