Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Low Ratings for Excite Truck - Gamespot

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by Homesrfan, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Homesrfan

Homesrfan ftw

http://www.gamespot.com/events/wiilaunch/story.html?sid=6161717&pid=933000
    Gamespot gives Excite Truck a very mediocre rating of a 6.8.

Honestly - I haven't played the game but from what I saw it basically looked like it would get this rating. I wasn't very excited about it but I know a lot of you guys were! Maybe this is just Gamespot bullshitting us.

2. MetroidZ

MetroidZ Only took 4 years to get1

Wii Friend Code: 1000-0000-0000-0000
    1000-0000-0000-0000
  3. Gymdawg

Gymdawg ~I Spy Hypocricy~

Wii Friend Code: 5981-2669-3238-7379
    5981-2669-3238-7379
    No, Gamespot was quite honest about it. I just got home for Gamestop a few minutes ago where I got a chance to pick up Red Steel and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Zelda won't be released until Sunday) and play Excite Truck. In my opinion, it got what it deserved. It was a fun game, although it did take some getting used to. My dad even had a good time with it. In the long-run though, it's not a game that would hold my attention for very long. It plays a lot like a mini-game of sorts, nothing substantial.

4. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Certified Public Asshole

Wii Friend Code: 1130-2954-1680-3052
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    I've actually had hands on with this game, and it deserves at least an 8.5. The graphics are not the best but they're the cool type of arcade graphics that you'll usually see. I haven't exactly tried multiplayer, but it's really challenging and the game itself is easy to play. You pretty much hold the depad if you wish to use your turbo, but just make sure not to overheat your car. There's also unlockable tracks and vehicles as you progress. You also get bonus star points for doing truck smashes against other cars, collecting rings in the air and even crashing into trees and mountains. The most difficult track I'd have to say is the snow level at the moment, due to the amount of ice and snow, which causes drifting. Like the Legend of Zelda, Excite Truck uses the speaker on the Wiimote as you get high ratings for smashing trucks as well as using turbos. I can't actually trust reviews from video game websites without trying the game out myself. They expected this game to be similar to racing games such as Ridge Racer and Gran Turismo, but that's not the attempt that they've tried to do with this game.