Low Ratings for Excite Truck - Gamespot

No, Gamespot was quite honest about it. I just got home for Gamestop a few minutes ago where I got a chance to pick up Red Steel and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Zelda won't be released until Sunday) and play Excite Truck. In my opinion, it got what it deserved. It was a fun game, although it did take some getting used to. My dad even had a good time with it. In the long-run though, it's not a game that would hold my attention for very long. It plays a lot like a mini-game of sorts, nothing substantial.

I've actually had hands on with this game, and it deserves at least an 8.5. The graphics are not the best but they're the cool type of arcade graphics that you'll usually see. I haven't exactly tried multiplayer, but it's really challenging and the game itself is easy to play. You pretty much hold the depad if you wish to use your turbo, but just make sure not to overheat your car. There's also unlockable tracks and vehicles as you progress. You also get bonus star points for doing truck smashes against other cars, collecting rings in the air and even crashing into trees and mountains. The most difficult track I'd have to say is the snow level at the moment, due to the amount of ice and snow, which causes drifting. Like the Legend of Zelda, Excite Truck uses the speaker on the Wiimote as you get high ratings for smashing trucks as well as using turbos. I can't actually trust reviews from video game websites without trying the game out myself. They expected this game to be similar to racing games such as Ridge Racer and Gran Turismo, but that's not the attempt that they've tried to do with this game.

Back