Red Steel flops hard

DavidBeoulve

Father of four Wii kids
Nov 14, 2006
United States of America
I knew it! I warned y'all about it! Sad to say but true. Don't worry, there will be good Wii FPS games. This one, however, is not it.

"Red Steel isn't completely devoid of merit, but it's a half-baked, buggy game that feels rushed and poorly executed. There's a good concept in here somewhere, as a swords-and-guns shooter pitting you against yakuza villains certainly seems like it could be very exciting. However, the experience itself hardly fulfills any of the promises behind it. So if you're looking for an exciting new way to simulate gunning or cutting lots of dudes down using the Wii Remote, you'd best keep looking."
(Source)

All these threads are getting on my nerves now "redsteel sucks hard cos one reviewer said that he didn't like it"
number 1: don't say anything till you tried it
number 2: Ngamer gave it 90%
number 3: everyone who has it on this very board said it rocks

From gauging public opinion, I'd say the game is good-great, but not as spectacular as what we hoped.

Still totaly buying the game though.

I've been playing it for over two hours straight... and I love it. All it takes is getting used to the controls, and taking the odd drink break! :lol: Besides, isn't this a repost anyway?

Kris (first replier), that's a great idea!

Now, should I spend $50 to try it (defeating the purpose of read before you buy) before I quote GameSpot (not make up my own review), or do you know someone in my area that actually got ahold of a Wii and has Red Steel? Or, do you know where I can buy a Wii so this actually matters?

Should I remain silent and not point out the bad review with a catchy, nipple-tweaking title? Probably. But I'm bad at that kind of judgment.

I'm quoting GameSpot. I haven't played it. I don't own a Wii because I can't find one yet, but as I only need it by Christmas for my kids, I'm not worried.

To those who love it:
I'm relieved for you, if that makes any sense.

i played it twice last night and it looks like it could be a great game but wow is it buggy. Every person you kill shakes on the ground like they have a vibrator up there ass and i even got stuck behind 2 doors that were openned by the npcs in a narrow hallway. Other than that the sword fighting doesn't seem to great.. no matter how i swing its always the same 2 swing animations on screen. Im also not sure how the controlling is but i can't aim for **** in this game where for zelda and trauma center im doing perfect. I wish i could exchange this game for monkeyball or rayman..

ratman said:
All these threads are getting on my nerves now "redsteel sucks hard cos one reviewer said that he didn't like it"
number 1: don't say anything till you tried it
number 2: Ngamer gave it 90%
number 3: everyone who has it on this very board said it rocks
perfectly said, this game kicks ass, and by the way g4 recommended for people to get this on launch day!

Just so you know Xplay gave it a 3 out of 5 which is ok I haven't played it yet, but I want to and it looks great, and Xplay is normally pretty acurate on their reviews

I love this game its so awesome. I have it. Its fun as hell. Only has 1 problem which is cinematics cant be skipped and they have to often be reseen over and over. Besides that its all good.

3 out of 5 is a 6 out of 10, which is a 60% out of 100%.
Just so you know :cornut:
I can do math:ihih: :p

Back