Red steel

Goose461

Master of all
Dec 16, 2006
Hey wii fans!

I've been playing my wii like theres no tomorrow since christmas and erm..........IT'S ****ING AWSOME :yikes: I've managed to pick up about 4 games with my brand new console: Wii sports, wii play, Call of duty 3 (rocks), and ofcourse zelda(rocks bum)

Well relating back to the title of this thread, is red steel itself. I wanted steel since the beggining and it looked pretty inviting, unfortunatly the free hand control scheme for the sword fighting wasnt the scheme that they used leaving me rather dissapointed, but i over looked that eventualy and looked for good aspect of the gun fighting.

I looked at sites like IGN an Gamespot and both of them have given red steel realy bad reviews, not just bad, HARSH!. I dont know if i can trust gamespot cuz....well....there cynical bastards most of the time, i mean they gave zelda a good review but you could sense they hated it. And IGN is better but i dont know, they seriousely underated Call of Duty 3 and i got it and it simply kicks ass.

Anyway the real question i wanted to ask is :
Is red steel worth getting and is it any good.
I'm asking YOU! the general public who are spending ur hard earned cash on these games, unlike these websites who have whole offices for gaming and ****.

I just thinks a shame for a game that got so much hype since it was anounced to be reviewed and generaly thought of as ****. It is has sweet graphics compared to say, COD3 which i think look great, hi def poly and textures generaly speaking.

So whats the deal with this game? is it **** or awsome....or somewhere in between?
After you finish the game are u like "wow that was so **** and now i'm going to **** on the game disc"

Or is it "this game rocked so much i'm going to have sex with the game disc"

????????:D

I haven't played it, but I heard its pretty good from most people who played it. But people who have played both that and COD3 tend to like COD3 more.

yeah i wud agree with that thing about ppl having COD3 and Red Steel and liking that more, but that wud only mean, that red steel is bad in contrast to COD3. i could live with that, aslong as red steels a decent game.
Farcry got an appalling review by IGN 2.0 :sad: Not the far cry i was hoping for, i've seen the AI for it aswell they pretty lame, and the graphic is like sacralidge to the pretty and lovely xbox title.

thanx for the replys!

Moten said:
Farcry is way better than Red Steel.

get that

Wrong. Red Steel is better. Its definitley underrated on Gamespot. Whatever you do DON"T get FarCry. Red Steel, from what I've heard, is a good game.

I really enjoyed red steel, the action is pretty good (loved the matrix-alike lobbys scenes lol). Now the swordfights... perhaps a little disapointing, however the sword does swing in the direction u swing the Wii-mote (vertical up or down, horizontal left or right.. although many dont realize this right away as they swing the remote too fast and too randomly) and the sword fighting scenes do add some tension.

whene i finished the game i didnt want it to finish really.. i hadn't quite had enough, the games not perfect but it is my second favourite wii game (Wii Sports aside since its free and stuff) so far alongside zelda. imo, Red steel is a Good game, with alot more potential.

Back