Excited About the Wii Zapper?

Well possibly the new RE: Umbrella Chronicles will have a different control setup similar to MP3: Corruption where you can choose if you want A or B to be the fire button. Anyone know when this is coming out because I would love to use it with MP3 and RE: UC

laz305 said:
Wow I can't wait to get this, it's going to kill using it to play RE4

READ THE ABOVE COMMENTS, this thing won't work with RE4 on the Wii. The trigger only activates the pistol for aiming, it does not shoot. The actual shoot/fire button is the A key, which sits on TOP of the wii-mote!

I have the wii zapper clone from HK, its nice, but it does not work with RE4's key layout. Wish games would come with button setup to alter it. Hopefully future gun type games with the wii will support the B(trigger) key for firing/shooting.

But the best shooting games are still on PS2 - Time Crisis series. True light gun game, no dang cursor on the screen showing you where to shoot!

Just quickly browsed the post...
- my question with using any gun in a game like RE4 is what to do when you have to shake or move the wiimote to perform different tasks in the game? Do you shake the whole gun or do you quickly remove the mote....silly!
I might have lost out on a clue though....

i am very excited about it, but i know it has a grim fututre in my room,

Lol it does huh? well then you should move your Wii to another place, like the living room

this thing won't work with RE4 on the Wii. The trigger only activates the pistol for aiming, it does not shoot. The actual shoot/fire button is the A key, which sits on TOP of the wii-mote!

I have the wii zapper clone from HK, its nice, but it does not work with RE4's key layout. Wish games would come with button setup to alter it. Hopefully future gun type games with the wii will support the B(trigger) key for firing/shooting.

that is because you have the nock off wii zapper. but it still does not matter because if you look at the vids and the pics for the real zapper you hold it like its a rifel and your thumb is used to access the a button, and there are also other nock off zappers where the numbchuck is still used by your hand and the wiimote is put into the gun. i have already looked into that issue it just takes a little thinking and you can work around every thing.

Last edited:
Great, this is what we need. Children with guns learning how to aim and shoot. Then we can sit back and wonder what is happening to our country with kids killing kids......what's next? Could we make it squirt blood, too" one reader commented

A "very concerned grandparent" wrote:
"....Why don't they enclose an application to the NRA in every box as well....the marketing person who came up with this brain child of an idea should be fired."

Another reader commented, "I think it's irresponsible for Wii to come out with a controller that looks like a gun so kids can play games simulating shooting. What kind of message are we sending as parents when we buy these things for our kids?"

This is the type of thing that will get any responsable person pissed off. If you don't approve of the device or the game then your kid should just not have it. You are the parent you controll what you child has access to. Dont like the zapper, dont buy the zapper. Companies are here to make money not be parents.

Back