Extreamlly Disappointed In Nintendo And I Will NOT Be Buying The New Super Mario Bros

OK the game was totally amazing! 4-player was a BLAST! The funny part? Until I read this post I would of never thought something so obvious could turn into something so stupid. When you think of Super Mario Brothers you think of the classic controller? Why exactly? The classic controller is NOTHING like the NES controller that SMB 1,2, & 3 came out for. The Wiimote sideways is perfect on this game.

There are elements in the game that use the motion control in the Wiimote, shaking it to spin (could of been a button), to tilt a platform, which it works PERFECTLY for. The classic controller wouldn't of been nearly as fun. Not to mention if you are even remotely serious about that stack of non sold games over this issue, I'd be willing to bet the stack would be 10 times bigger if people found out they were being forced to buy 4 new classic controllers to play 4 players on this game...

It's your loss.

If there was one thing I would ***** over, it's the lack of online multi player, THAT pisses me off. It's my fault, I *assumed* it would support online play, never did check. That just seems mandatory in this day and age, one big glaring problem I have with the Wii in general... Local 4 player is more fun than online would of been, but I'd still like the option to play with friends that don't live close... Outside of that, the game was phenomenal.

OK the game was totally amazing! 4-player was a BLAST! The funny part? Until I read this post I would of never thought something so obvious could turn into something so stupid. When you think of Super Mario Brothers you think of the classic controller? Why exactly? The classic controller is NOTHING like the NES controller that SMB 1,2, & 3 came out for. The Wiimote sideways is perfect on this game.

There are elements in the game that use the motion control in the Wiimote, shaking it to spin (could of been a button), to tilt a platform, which it works PERFECTLY for. The classic controller wouldn't of been nearly as fun. Not to mention if you are even remotely serious about that stack of non sold games over this issue, I'd be willing to bet the stack would be 10 times bigger if people found out they were being forced to buy 4 new classic controllers to play 4 players on this game...

It's your loss.

If there was one thing I would ***** over, it's the lack of online multi player, THAT pisses me off. It's my fault, I *assumed* it would support online play, never did check. That just seems mandatory in this day and age, one big glaring problem I have with the Wii in general... Local 4 player is more fun than online would of been, but I'd still like the option to play with friends that don't live close... Outside of that, the game was phenomenal.

Now see, here's a guy with a head on his shoulders and a dick between his balls. My hat's off to you good sir.

Now see, here's a guy with a head on his shoulders and a dick between his balls. My hat's off to you good sir.

You dont even own a Wii, You're not even planning on buying the new mario bros game so the only dick you can talk about is the one between your chin. Go troll the playgirl forums....

And Splinter, I wouldnt mind using the Wii-mote if there was a way to shut off the shaking and other motion functions. I would prefer to use buttons for all the controls. Myself and a large amount of people are not big fans of doing shaking motions while you play a game. Now if there was a way to shut that off and just use all buttons then that would be a differant story.

You dont even own a Wii, You're not even planning on buying the new mario bros game so the only dick you can talk about is the one between your chin. Go troll the playgirl forums....

And Splinter, I wouldnt mind using the Wii-mote if there was a way to shut off the shaking and other motion functions. I would prefer to use buttons for all the controls. Myself and a large amount of people are not big fans of doing shaking motions while you play a game. Now if there was a way to shut that off and just use all buttons then that would be a differant story.

Oh ****, ***** just called me out.We have a real gangsta' right here. This badass plays his Super Maio Bros. Wii, kicks ass, and takes names.

How exactly do I have a dick between my chin though? Do I have a really large cleft and I can somehow fit it in there? I mean, I've never heard of such a thing before but- hey, apparently you're the expert on dicks since you've obviously handled so many, so I'll take your word for it.

You've got to be kidding me. A stack of 30 or 40 people put down "just because it didn't support classic controller"? Give me a break...

The only reason people put them down is because most of the people buying them ended up just not wanting them, or they didn't sell, it has nothing to do with lack of classic controller functionality.

It's one thing to be mad if they were to say, leave out GC controller functionality in SSBB, because the controller is so suited to that style of play, but when the controls work just fine for this game, and you can even mimic the original NES controller almost perfectly by holding it on the side, you really have no reason to be pissed off. For god's sake, it's just a simple difference in controls. How about lack of online play? Isn't that more something to be angered by?

Christ, the sheer audacity of people's ignorance just confounds me these days...
seiriously...:wink:

Wow if just for the lack of classic control that you don't want to buy the game wow. I mean ok I would be a lil turned off if the game couldn't be played with the Wii mote sideways like NES style but still I would buy the game cuz of the aspect of the multiplayer and that is where it wins me over. I love any game that is multiplayer and that myself and my friends can play and just have a good time. So to me not buying the game cuz of the classic control reason is just plain stupid.

The lack of Classic and Gamecube controller support in NSMBW is simply a highly cynical marketing attempt to sell more Wiimotes.

End of story.

that looks pretty awesome. i should get one for this game :smile5:

but do you need to use the b button in the game? is it accessable?

ah... i see its special for this game http://wii.kombo.com/article.php?artid=14745

I think I'm going to pick one up today along with the game. I'll see how it works, but it looks to me like the B button is usable, just redirected to a different spot. It will be much more comfortable than the wiimote alone. I wish they would have included one with the game, like Mario kart with the wheel.

This thread made me lol. Seriously, do you guys ever read about a game before going to the store to purchase it? I've known for months that it wouldn't support the classic controller or online play and honestly, neither of those facts deterred me from purchasing the game.

The Wii Remote's D-pad is perfectly fine for my average sized hands and the shaking and tilting function of the Wii Remote is integrated into parts of the game, there's no way around it. In fact, that's probably the reason the game doesn't support the classic controller since it can't sense motion.

It's a great game so far, you guys that are boycotting because of the lack of classic controller are really missing out on something great.

The lack of Classic and Gamecube controller support in NSMBW is simply a highly cynical marketing attempt to sell more Wiimotes.

End of story.

You realize that the classic controller requires a Wii Remote to function, correct? In fact, adding classic and Gamecube controller support would be more of an attempt to up-sell you on more controllers that you don't need.

Last edited:
Does it matter? I mean this game is gonna have 3 buttons. Just turn the Wii Mote sideways and use it. Stop crying about small things! Don't like it? Don't buy the game. Nintendo won't miss your money. I just can't understand why this is such a big problem??

wow....r u ****ing kidding me? i've played lots of game using the wiimote sideways i had no problem these people must hate mario

screw all of you who care about this. this game looks bad-ass and im SO going to get it.
btw i alredy know the ending of the game without even owning it :p

i would but up a fail picture but if anyone else hates this post one for me ok.plzz

Back