eZitext for Wii (New Feature for Wii)

Joe

Banned
Oct 23, 2006
Parker CO
Wii Online Code
5856-5939-3035-0479
Worried that writing on the Wii will be hard? Zi Corporation's got your back.

Zi Corporation, creators of Decuma Hand-Writing Recognition for the Nintendo DS, have teamed up with Nintendo once again. This time, Zi will provide a feature called eZiText, which will make writing on the Wii easier by predicting words. similar to any browser's text predicting, this application will be integrated on the Wii you get on November 19th.

Zi Corporation (NASDAQ:ZICA) (TSX:ZIC), a leading provider of intelligent interface solutions, today announced that it has signed, exclusive licensing agreement with Nintendo Co., Ltd. to embed its predictive text input technology, eZiText, into Wii, Nintendo's revolutionary new video games console. Wii launches on 19th November in North America, 2nd December in Japan and 8th December in Europe.

This technology could make the Wii's Message Board by saving your most used words and then displaying them. It is thought that the options will appear under the word you're writing and you will then press a button to scroll through the options and press a different one to select the option.

"This announcement heralds the future use of eZiText outside of conventional mobile usage," continued Djokovic. "The global gaming industry has become a worldwide phenomenon and is becoming an important new avenue for the distribution of our products. As such, we will continue to progressively pursue new gaming customers."

Just another feature to make Wii friendlier!

Yah, I was happy when I read this..

I'm still hoping that the USB will handle keyboards though.

Neuro said:
Yah, I was happy when I read this..

I'm still hoping that the USB will handle keyboards though.

easier with keyboard [all white nintendo wii keyboard :drool: ]

but lets hope they fig. this out!

Equis said:
easier with keyboard [all white nintendo wii keyboard :drool: ]

but lets hope they fig. this out!

Even if the Gamecube Keyboard worked (which it probably won't, because GC controllers aren't likely to work in the Wii Channels. Just my opinion though), I'd be happy.

PA.02498.004.jpg

Back