Mario Galaxy Kicking Butt All Ready In The States

jess4mick

WiiChat Member
Jan 4, 2007
australia
Wii Online Code
4413-3959-6605-8167
US, November 21, 2007 - Not only is Super Mario Galaxy the best-reviewed game of this generation, with the highest review average of any title on Wii, Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, but it's also the biggest early success story for Nintendo. According to the publisher, the platformer has sold more than half a million units in America since it released last week.

"Super Mario Galaxy had the strongest one-week debut of any Wii game to date and has also become the best-selling Mario title ever in its first week, with U.S. sales of more than 500,000, based on internal sales figures," said George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "It makes an easy gift choice as the holiday shopping season kicks off."

Nintendo's Wii console was the best-selling console in October without a major new release. In a telephone conversation with IGN Wii last week, Nintendo's VP or marketing and corporate affairs, Perrin Kaplan, said she believed that November Wii numbers, spurred by the release of Super Mario Galaxy, would see a boost :yikes:

dnt forget thats only america halo 3 wat i seen was there worldwide result:yesnod:

Yeah, imagine the worldwide results for Super Mario Galaxy (I'm not saying Halo 3 isn't a good game but Galaxy is better and thats a fact)

Last edited:
Most of the Halo 3 sales were in the US.
But keep in mind that Halo 3 had a MASSIVE ad campaign.

The Mario Galaxy sales in Japan were a bit on the low side actually, far less than in the US. Mario Party 8 sold more in its first week (in Japan).

Wolrdwide, Galaxy will easily make the list of most units sold. I don't know if it can beat Halo 3, because that game is pretty awesome, but it can get somewhere in the top.

Galaxy is the highest rated game of All Time. Halo doesn't even make the list. lets all remember that :)

Not bad numbers really.
I was out there the first day and bought it, some people are waiting until Christmas to get it though.
They're nuts :lol:

you gotta understand people are waiting to purchase it during thanksgiving for a Christmas present. Halo3 came out when there werent any holidays, thus people would just pick it up anyways. Not to mention that game is actually really Halo2 with some new weapons :smilewinkgrin:

Im waiting to play mario galaxy cas I can get it for free from my parents. I assume a **** ton people think they same way.

But I did pick up the Orange Box for my PC witch is way better than most games out.

Back