F-Zero vs. Wipeout HD

bruceleroy

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
I've been a fan of the F-zero series but Nintendo seems to have dropped it after GX on Gamecube so I downloaded Wipeout HD for $20 on the PSN. So far, it seems like it's the best $20 that I've ever put down on a video game. Bad-ass HD graphics, fast-lag free speed, online, and sixaxis makes the game well worth it. Anyways, if you've played both, which one do you guys like better and why? Do you think F-zero will be on the Wii in the future?

Witch F-Zero ?

First - Shite
X - Damn good
GX - Annoyed the heck outa me
Im yet to play the hand held ones

And what of Gran chaser ?

F Zero rapes Whipeout

That's the reply that I wanted to hear. I do like the F-zero tracks better and the amount of racers racing at the same time but Wipeout HD has online, sixaxis, and HD graphics so they are both good.

Witch F-Zero ?
First - Shite
X - Damn good
GX - Annoyed the heck outa me
The original F-Zero was great! For its time anyway, as it was one of the first racers to use mode 7 on the Snes. Doesn't look so great now but it still plays well.

I've not played Wipeout HD, but based on past games I've always prefered F-Zero. Most of the Wipeout games were a bit too muddy looking and it was too hard to see opponents which made it feel like you was racing alone a lot of the time.

The original F-Zero was great! For its time anyway, as it was one of the first racers to use mode 7 on the Snes. Doesn't look so great now but it still plays well.

I've not played Wipeout HD, but based on past games I've always prefered F-Zero. Most of the Wipeout games were a bit too muddy looking and it was too hard to see opponents which made it feel like you was racing alone a lot of the time.

Trust me, Wipeout HD w/ HD graphics, you'll see all of your opponents clearly unless you need glasses.

F-Zero, hands down.
Also, Nintendo can't really kill off F-Zero (being in the original Smash Bros. makes it a sin to kill off your series, which is why we have EarthBound 3 in Japan). I'm expecting a Wii F-Zero to be announced at the next big event.

And that's fair comparing the new whipeout to the new f zero (not even announced yet)

It'd be foolish for Nintendo to stop making F-Zero. (I've been waiting, what's up with that).
@DarkPrinny - did you play F-Zero when it was released? (early 90s) If so, you would have never EVER put F-Zero and Shite in the same sentence.

Well when comparing the newest F-Zero to WipEout HD, there's no contest. WipEout wins hands down. But it isn't really fair considering that GX was last gen and Wipeout this gen. The game looks stunning, and gameplay is awesome too. Bonuses like custom soundtracks, ZONES!!!!, online play, sixaxis, etc. make it way better IMO than what F-Zero can offer.

But like I said before, if Nintendo creates a new F-Zero for the Wii then the real comparison will be had. I hope they do make one with online play because other than Mario Kart, nothing has really interested me racing-wise.

@DarkPrinny - did you play F-Zero when it was released? (early 90s) If so, you would have never EVER put F-Zero and Shite in the same sentence.
What about the fan boy pleasing F-zero is the shite ?

It was good back them
But its shite now
It has been long since suppased and time has not been kind to it

Where as F-zero X even tho its old is still really good
Mainly due to the X cup (better than DDcups)
Multi player fun can be had on a set of randomly made tracks

What the title of this thread implies is
The first F-Zero vs the newest Wipeout
Id rather play the newest Wipeout

But like I said before, if Nintendo creates a new F-Zero for the Wii then the real comparison will be had. I hope they do make one with online play because other than Mario Kart, nothing has really interested me racing-wise.
Yeah, Actually, I wouldn't have been bashing nintendo for this long if they would've concentrated on F-Zero before mariokart(I know I know, please don't state the obvious, people want mariokart). I mean, my 8 year old loves mariokart. But what about me? the one with the money to buy the system. where's my entertainment!!??

What about the fan boy pleasing F-zero is the shite ?
pleasing? did you mean pleading? well, if so, then his opinion sucks to me :D
It was good back them
But its shite now
It has been long since suppased and time has not been kind to it

Where as F-zero X even tho its old is still really good
Mainly due to the X cup (better than DDcups)
Multi player fun can be had on a set of randomly made tracks

What the title of this thread implies is
The first F-Zero vs the newest Wipeout
Id rather play the newest Wipeout
F-Zero for SNES will ALWAYS be my favorite F-Zero, Compared to the ones that are out now. I didn't enjoy the N64 F-Zero, but the 4 player concept was great. F-Zero for the GC was Great too. But it wasn't the original.

I agree the first F-Zero didn't hold up over time. And i put a lot of time in F-Zero X so it will always be number one in my book~ Wish they released the 64DD expansion in the states..........

I think F-Zero GX was a really well made game and still looks fantastic to this day. Most people didn't like it because of the Difficulty.

Im a fan of futuristic racing games and wipeout/f-zero in general. I enjoy the F-zero series more then the wipeout series.

F-Zero for SNES will ALWAYS be my favorite F-Zero, Compared to the ones that are out now. I didn't enjoy the N64 F-Zero, but the 4 player concept was great. F-Zero for the GC was Great too. But it wasn't the original.
Well thats your opinion
You cant change mine
I think F-Zero GX was a really well made game and still looks fantastic to this day. Most people didn't like it because of the Difficulty.
The computer cheats to much on that version
There is no way any human can take corners like that at that speed

Back