An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
An idea popped into my head, regarding ZomiUs sniper view
Consider it.

A game where the camera is the main thing used.
The view on the controller is the one threw the camera.
Moving with the sticks.
Free roam.
Spooky ****.
Possibly head phones usage for kinda surround sound (hear things behind).
Main screen (TV) shows a map, radar and stats.

Ok you would have to be stood up or on a computer chair to play it
Theres one game idea that might work

That games have never been localized here iirc, so I don't know if that might've helped. Heard they were alright.

They did get a US release.

They tend to make me have to change my pants at times

Yeah, it was 2 that I was thinking of. It was an extra game that was mentioned alongside Operation Rainfall.

With all that junk from the OP in mind, the Wii U wouldn't be a bad console for horror games. 'Specially the headphones bit so that PCs ain't flat-out superior at makin' ya need t' change your pants.

... Question is, would Ninty go for it? Sure as **** wouldn't of a few years ago, but I wouldn't doubt it nowadays.

Would developers go for it is the main question

I think that would be an excellent idea, but I've never really enjoyed the series anyway.

They've tried a few AR type games with the 3DS and they've been mildly successful.(http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/641696-spirit-camera-the-cursed-memoir) But I think a serious entry into the survival horror genre on the wii u, or 3DS (other than Resident Evil: Revelations)would be great.

They took the gamble with Resident Evil: Revelations and it paid of well (that game is amazing if you're an old-school RE fan.) So why not try the same with Fatal Frame?
Both consoles (3DS & WiiU) seem ideal for the game's control scheme. However, Nintendo can be a bit stubborn when it comes to innovation, and localization. Their always innovating on the hardware side, but they tend to really play it safe with their software. Hence the reason for the countless Mario and Zelda titles with mostly interchangeable plots.

However, they do listen to the fans when the outcry is loud enough, case in point operation rainfall. We may be able to reach them again with Fatal Frame if we try.

There also is the issue of licensing to consider, as I'm unaware of who currently owns the rights to the series.

Last edited:
Back