Fire Emblem or Geometry wars?

Kingston

Mohh2 Name: TheHater
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
Should I get Fire Emblem or Geometry wars?

I like both genres but I've always thought Fire emblem was a bit slow paced....

P.s. How's Geometry wars without the classic controller?

I'd say Geometry Wars. Especially if you're not a fan of slower paced games. But, from what I've heard, you're definitely going to need that classic controller. The controls are difficult without it.

Go with Geometry wars, plus if you don't like the controls on the Wiimote you can get it on DS. I heard the touch screen control is pretty good.

I don't have a ds.

Has anybody actually played it?

also, are there different powerups and stuff for your gun?
can you buy upgrades?

I own GWG and although I also own a classic controller I haven't touched it. The wii controls are perfect!

are there different powerups and stuff for your gun?
can you buy upgrades?
You collect geoms which do a number of things. In-game they upgrade your weapon, increase your multiplier (up to 150x!!), earn you lives and earn you bombs. Once done with a level, those geoms are added to your profile and you use them to purchase new drone types and unlock levels. Each drone type gets better and better the more you use it. For example the turret gun starts out sputtering shots one by one but by the time it's fully upgraded, it's just pouring out shots in every direction.

As you can probably tell I'm a huge fan of this game. I'm currently 32nd on the leaderboard and can't get enough.

Last edited:
Go with Fire Emblem...

Kingston said:
Should I get Fire Emblem or Geometry wars?

I like both genres but I've always thought Fire emblem was a bit slow paced....

P.s. How's Geometry wars without the classic controller?

Geometry wars may be more fun at first but after a few months it may begin to get redundant esp if you've mastered it, If you want a game that will keep you playing for a longer amount of time, and take longer to complete I'd go for Fire Emblem, even though both games are great, just get em' both! :yesnod: lol

jaafit is the first person i heard say the wii controls are good. the fact is they suck. if you don't have a classic controller stay away from geometry wars. I have fire emblem also and haven't played more than half an hour of it. In my opinion the story isn't engaging. It's just a typical strategy type RPG. Is there any other games you're considering?

Geometry Wars is pretty fun. I haven't played Fire Emblem yet, but I decided against getting it when it was released, because it did look a bit slow. For a slow game like that, I personally like to have the graphics as flashy as possible, and that's not really the case on the Wii when compared to the other platforms.

The Wii controls aren't as bad as people make them out to be. I may have an advantage though, since Alien Syndrome controls pretty much the exact same way, and I played that for a month or so straight. One thing that will help your aiming though, watch the red line connecting your ship and your cursor instead of the actual cursor itself.

The wii controls aren't for everyone. On the gamefaqs forums it seems 50/50 but I suspect that most of the top scorers use the remote.

Fire Emblem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THEY'RE GONNA RERELEASE THE FIRST ON DS!!! MARTH!! W00t! FE is l331! Ike eats geoms for breakfast Ike pwns geoms!!!! FE!! FE!! FE!! IKE!!! Whooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *smacks head into wall*

Geometry Wars is fairly boring and has no depth. Blech! Whats the point...

Last edited:
Back