First person shooter help

badblake

WiiChat Member
Feb 1, 2012
Hi Im new here I am not an avid gamer but I like first person shooters for time to time. I recently got a wii from a friend I am excited about the prospect of a first person shooter that has an actual gun and a real aiming interface with said gun. So my question is what game and gun combo allows me to play with aiming at the screen like I am shooting a real gun? Online play is not a big deal for me I just want a lifelike interface.

Thanks

BB

Goldeneye Wii, Ghost Squad (arcade game...actually pretty fun to waste time with), Conduit 2 (I think) and a plethora of other games. If you see the Wii Zapper icon on the game box, then you're good!

Goldeneye is definitely a great one to start with. The call of duty's are also popular. I only played Black Ops but I felt it was great. FPS is DEFINITELY cool on the wii. Its sad that so many people freak out about the graphics being the tiniest bit better on other consoles and sacrifice all the cool features that the wii adds. Some other things I want to suggest:

Red Steel 2 - Very cool FPS that also has some sword play! Avoid the first Red Steel though. Don't worry, the titles are practically unrelated it still kills me they bothered to even call it Red Steel 2, they have nothing to do with each other other than both titles having both swords and guns. The first one was a launch title and its clear the developers didn't really know how to work with the hardware.

Resident Evil 4 - Not an FPS, but still has the aiming your looking for and is just a beautiful game.

Rail gun shooters - The difference between a rail gun shooter and an fps, to put it in the simplist way possible, is that unlike an FPS you don't move your character on your own for the most part in a rail shooter, the character moves on its own and you focus on aiming and shooting. Unlike FPS you don't see the gun, you are the guy holding the gun. You may have seen these kinds of games in arcades. Because of the rise of HDTV's these were pretty much dead on home consoles. The way the old ones worked would not work on modern televisions. The wii changed all that and the genre came back with avengence! There were some great ports like:
- L.A. Machineguns / New York Gunblade
- House of the Dead 2+3

and some freaking amazing new ones:

-Resident Evil : Umbrella Chronicles
-Dead Space Extraction
- House of the Dead Overkill

Again its not quite the same thing but these games can be so fun to play with a friend and there great for more casual gamers and they still offer the aiming and shooting with a "real gun" kind of deal you like so I thought I'd mention them to you.

Last edited:
Ghost Squad

Really widely not-known port of the arcade style shooter; it's incredibly fun and it's only like $10 these days. Get a Wii Zapper and it'l be like you're back in the arcade. Better yet, it's without the damned cable that keeps the gun right next to the arcade machine. :lol:

Back