Flash player

chesirekat1320

WiiChat Member
May 8, 2007
Is there like a wii version of a flash player? sorry if its a stupid question, but i can't get some stuff online because i don't have the player.

Since the Wii have just been out there haven't been any confirmed that that the Wii opera browser supports flash, media player, or quick time. Theres a 50/50 chance that Wii browser may have an update version in the near future which supports flash,media player,quick time, etc. But only time can tell.

How is that possible and what the heck is a flash 9. How come my Wii does not support it. Do you even own a Wii?

Yes i have a wii and unless you havent installed an update or somthing you should be able to. Flash 9 is the newest version of flash player. wiicade.com would be pointless if the wii didnt have flash functionality.

Hmm.... I must have been mistaken but I was under the impression that the wii version of Opera only supported flash 7 and below. No SDK for 8 and 9.

shadowrunner said:
Hmm.... I must have been mistaken but I was under the impression that the wii version of Opera only supported flash 7 and below. No SDK for 8 and 9.

That's my understanding as well. I seem to not be able to watch comedy central video files because I need the latest flash update, which at the moment, I don't think exists for the wii.

elespectro said:
That's my understanding as well. I seem to not be able to watch comedy central video files because I need the latest flash update, which at the moment, I don't think exists for the wii.

I've had exactly the same problem with comedy central, also with colbertondemand.com

Hey, at least YouTube works!

I went to the wii opera channel and it won't let me download flash 9. Why is that?:nonod:

you cant download programs/apps like you would using a PC... remember you are not on a PC, you are on a wii (different systems, different OSs the thing you want to download wouldnt run on the wii unless it was wii specific software, and also the wii doesnt support browser downloads)

shadowrunner said:
Yeah I think you are correct. The Wii can only support Flash 7 at the moment. Nintendo may decide to release updates for later versions later on but for now, its only Flash 7.

Back