FlashDrive/ExternalHardrive Compatible?

Lunatix

[Insert Title Here]
Jun 16, 2007
I have a flash drive and an external hard drive will I be able to make it so that I can watch videos from them on my Wii using the USB on the back?

Edit: NvM i figured it out...

Last edited:
Yeah i learned you need to convert it into mpeg or something but a 170mb video turns into a 1gig video of less quality O_O.... I hope theres gonna be a way just to play .avi files....

Lunatix said:
Yeah i learned you need to convert it into mpeg or something but a 170mb video turns into a 1gig video of less quality O_O.... I hope theres gonna be a way just to play .avi files....
There is a program that will convert it to a format that can be read by the Wii. It is called Wii Video 9.

Lunatix said:
Byuakuya said:
There is a program that will convert it to a format that can be read by the Wii. It is called Wii Video 9.

I believe that is what he was referring to, and IMO, the quality of videos from Wii Video 9 is pretty crappy.

friedriceballer said:
I believe that is what he was referring to, and IMO, the quality of videos from Wii Video 9 is pretty crappy.

Yeah I meant that when using Vid 9 video gets 2-3x bigger and crappier...

Back