Freeloader (Datel)

hansen91

Mario Rulez
Mar 9, 2008
I have read some of the other threads and i didnt get i clear answer.
Have anybody had issue with the Freeloader from Datel?

Or does someone had some good experience with it...?

:shocked:

a software which allows you to play games from other regions...

On March 21st, Nintendo added a new version of the Wii firmware -- IOS37 -- to the Wii update servers. This version of the firmware has a fixed signature-checking function.

When a title (game, channel, etc) starts, it tells the system menu (using a field in the TMD) what version of the IOS it needs to run on -- to support this, the Wii stores all previous firmware versions. (For most Wiis, this will be IOS9, IOS11, IOS13, IOS15, IOS17, IOS20, IOS21, IOS30, IOS31, IOS33, IOS34, IOS35, IOS36, and now IOS37).

As of March 22nd, no software uses IOS37 -- the System Menu currently uses IOS30. An updated System Menu will likely use the new IOS37.

What does this mean?

* Until the system menu is updated to use IOS37, it will have no effect.

* Once the system menu is updated to use IOS37, "Trucha-Signed" discs -- or channels -- will stop working, as will the Datel FreeLoader disc.

Its not blocked, it was an early April fools apparently.

I have one (I'm in Europe) and it works like a charm dude.

It works if you didn't update your Wii the second time.

There was one update for WiiWare then another one for Freeloader.

I've had it Since last week. The only no us game I have is crazyclimber. so far it works great.

So far I've had no major problems. No More Heroes wouldn't play yesterday, but after trying again it worked fine. Basically, the Freeloader should work fine as of the current firmware update (3.2E).

Jay61 said:
Its not blocked, it was an early April fools apparently.

I have one (I'm in Europe) and it works like a charm dude.

Unfortunately, it turns out it's the April Fools sentence that was false:
http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=IOS37

Napalmbrain said:
So far I've had no major problems. No More Heroes wouldn't play yesterday, but after trying again it worked fine. Basically, the Freeloader should work fine as of the current firmware update (3.2E).

Where can i see which version of wii i have ?

it says that i have the ver. 3.1 E... can i then use the freeloader?

Back