Freeloader (Datel)

currently yes.. but if they update the wii's system menu in the future with IOS37.. it will stop working .. but for now it still works yes

FRuMMaGe said:
SSBB works perfectly for me on my PAL Wii (including online).

And i dont have to dl an update to play online or what ?

U are using a freeloader right or ?

hansen91 said:
And i dont have to dl an update to play online or what ?

U are using a freeloader right or ?
With SSBB you have to update to run it correctly.

Insert the freeloader and wait for the screen to wipe with colour.
Remove it
Insert it again and wait for another screen wipe.
Insert SSBB and let it update.

As of now you can play it as normal by inserting the freeloader and then SSBB

FRuMMaGe said:
With SSBB you have to update to run it correctly.

Insert the freeloader and wait for the screen to wipe with colour.
Remove it
Insert it again and wait for another screen wipe.
Insert SSBB and let it update.

As of now you can play it as normal by inserting the freeloader and then SSBB

oka i didnt knew that you also could use it after update...

The Freeloader that they bumped out with the update was one for play GC disk not the Wii disk themself.

It killed the older version of Freeloader that was still being used on the Wii to play multi region GC disk. It had been out for a while so they had a fix in the works. If you figure in the time it took them to fix the GC free loader, it will be some time untill they have a fix for the new version. Still im sure our friends at Datel will figure it out.

I don't know why they fuss about multi region anyways. They arn't losing money in the form they are for Pirated games, They mgiht not make as much profit as they would have but they still do have the game purchased legally.

wezeles said:
The Freeloader that they bumped out with the update was one for play GC disk not the Wii disk themself.

It killed the older version of Freeloader that was still being used on the Wii to play multi region GC disk. It had been out for a while so they had a fix in the works. If you figure in the time it took them to fix the GC free loader, it will be some time untill they have a fix for the new version. Still im sure our friends at Datel will figure it out.

I don't know why they fuss about multi region anyways. They arn't losing money in the form they are for Pirated games, They mgiht not make as much profit as they would have but they still do have the game purchased legally.

No, we're on about a more recent update that is essentially "preparation" to kill off the Wii Freeloader. I hope Datel sticks it to them by coming up with an improved version though.

I don't know why Nintendo hates importers either. It's completely legitimate, they still get their money, yet for some unknown and most likely completely arbitrary reason they hate it. Of course, they wouldn't need to stop us if they just treated PAL gamers with a bit of respect for a change:

-Two months for Metroid Prime 3.
-Five months for Super Paper Mario.
-Two years for Animal Crossing on the Gamecube.
-No release date in sight for SSBB.

Sorry Nintendo, that sort of treatment is not on.

Last edited:
And its so costly, honesly making more versions of the same game is just stupid. Why not just set it up region free from the start with specific settings built into the console. Overall they would save so much money. It's not like its expensive with video cards today all of them can output in multiple formats.

I think they take their fear of Piracy to the extream and try to keep it under control with their own verison of a Quarantine based on region. I understand its buisness and all but really putting the money directly into a piracy protection program would make much more sense.

Back