Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freshly Picked - Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Frogger, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Frogger

Frogger God Complex

Wii Friend Code: 9156-1265-6763-2556
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    [​IMG]

Having searching the interwebs this very night for some freaky games that were only released in Japan I found this, Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. Which, to me, screams masculinity, hitting most of their male orientated audience right on the head. But, I suppose that it is Japan. So, I decided to do some research on the querky game to find out what it's actually about, I faced myself with the great Gods from Wikipedia. The plot summed up is basically this:

The plot of Freshly Picked - Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland follows Tingle's transformation from a rather ordinary middle-aged man into his green-clothed fairy persona. Such a story starts when a voice echoes throughout Tingle's home summoning him to a spring west of his house. There, Rupeeji, an old man with a Rupee for his head, offers Tingle a life in paradise if Tingle feeds Rupees into a tower found under the spring, causing it to grow upwards towards the sky. Tingle agrees, and Rupeeji transforms Tingle into a new form where Rupees become his source of life.
    However, at the end of the game the player learns that Rupeeji has been deceiving Tingle all along, causing Tingle to battle against him.

Tingle, as the greedy little paedophile he is now has a quest with a man who has a giant rupee for a head.

From my other Wikipedia browsing I noticed the information on the right of the game. Turns out it's also set for a European release date. Now, America get everything first, basically, but, woah, yes, WE GET a camp man in spandex. But, anyway, this game interests me, I want to see this fellow with a head solely made out of rupee. I also would like the ability to kill Tingle, a lot, it's what he gets for being a ripoff in Wind Waker.

So, you're too lazy to research it for yourselves and want me to tell you about the gameplay? Or, you've ran off crying because you're american, okay, I can deal with that.

Okay, so, I've told you all of that (from Wikipedia) and you want to know what the fighting scenes are like, because you're a man and totally engulfed in this game which brings you oh so much happiness reading about:

To me, that seems a kick in the ass, but, dust bunnies may actually be useful.

So, thoughts on this game due to set sail in Europe in September of this year?

EMA ahoy.

#1 Frogger, Jul 16, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mr. person

Mr. person Warhammer 40k is the best

i heard of this game from fanboys-online.com it sounded really weird but it looks kinda funny so thanks for the info

3. FR.

FR. Moderator

Wii Friend Code: 4253-4708-4555-0363
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Looks very interesting, I was always a fan of that Tingle. You might also want to post some other pictures from the game so people get a general idea of what it's about. I guess this game is only in Japan, too bad.

4. Frogger

Frogger God Complex

Wii Friend Code: 9156-1265-6763-2556
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    You could import from Europe, but I don't know why you'd want it that badly. Apart from the badass green case cover.

I can't find any more pictures, however. :sick: