Tingle Returns to DS

DBloke

An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
Nintendos other green suited person returns for another game.

Tingle
Tangle
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPAH

Nintendo may be reviving one of its more controversial characters in a new DS title.

The latest issue of Famitsu contains a mysterious teaser ad. Set against a hot pink background, the ad shows a tiny sprite of Tingle, a mascot character of sorts for the Zelda series, hanging from a balloon. Text above the character says "Fairy?". Below the character, the ad lists the URL for Nintendo's official Japanese site.
Tingle has seen his very own DS game in the past. Although not released in America, the character starred in Freshly Picked - Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, which was released to Japan in 2006, then to Europe the following year.

Famitsu officially hits news stands on Friday, so it's possible Nintendo's official site will clear up this mystery later in the week.
Via IGN

Originally I dismissed Tingle, thinking he was an uninteresting side character and anything they create with him as the main attraction would have to be worthless. But now that I've seen what kind of wackiness they have in mind for him, I'm totally on board. I'm making it my mission to import all the Tingle titles. It's still such a shame that they don't bring more Japanese games over to NA, they've got some crazy titles over there.

Back