Futureproof Speculation

Rolex

Moody Loner
Dec 26, 2006
Norway
Wii Online Code
6825-6610-9310-1313
Given that the effect of the sensor technology which has continued to wow gamers and non-gamers alike, and actually defined what "Next-Gen" gaming should and now does do; innovate and involve rather than astound visually and or aurally; have Nintendo assured that Wii is not only 3rd gen but Nth gen as well?

I am sat here thinking of all the past non-commercial success innovations there have been; eg power glove, virtual glasses etc etc; and taking stock of what Nintendo have actually done with their new technology - isn't the Wii capable of taking these innovations and bringing them to life without upgrading. After all wii has true wireless capabilities beyond anything seen before - surely this is suited to a glove type device or some sort of headset with a HUD built in etc.. Is it the stuff of movies and gameplots.

If Nintendo / 3rd party software-hardware devs could realise this sort of functionality; and let's be realistic it's a couple of years+ away; with the Wii, then would there be a need to bolster the system as say Sony have done from PS2 to PS3.

Nintendo have already declared that graphics and sound are second to the experience of playing Wii - so does this make Wii 3.5gen without even trying.
When you take into account that Wii isn't too far ahead of GC in terms of overall performance (so I believe) - but does have this incredible technology driving it, then to envisage expansions on the theme doesn't appear too fantastical.

Now all this may raise questions as to my personal life (or seeming lack of it), will it raise any valid points as to where the Wii may go to prolong our investiture (time and money) in Nintendo and detract from Sony and Microsoft. These other machines have broken new ground in other areas; which are quite exiciting - online play especially; but have they captured the imagination which seemingly Wii has (well cetainly mine - jaded old player I am) in the same way. I welcome all comers to the gaming arena and innovations which benefit whatever system you fall for - "it's all good"

Back