Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wii controller options question???????

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by rpmgatech, Sep 30, 2006.

1. rpmgatech

rpmgatech WiiChat Member

Hey all,

I am trying to decide which console to choose. The Wii looks extremely attractive but there is one question that has been pestering me that I cannot seem to get answered. Are there any other controller options (such as a normal next gen controller like the 360 controller, GC controller, PS2/3 controller, etc.) besides the innovative Wii controller/ Wii nunchuck hookup? The reason this is an important question for me to get answered is because I have a lot of questions regarding the Wii controller. It seems to me that somehting with motion sensing technology would be great when it is new, but once you drop it on the floor a few times I think it would have a potential for a lot of tech problems. Plus, being an old school gamer, I would probably prefer to use a GC-like controller for certain games where I may not feel like moving my arms all over the place and jumping around the room in order to play a video game.

2. slurba

slurba WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3890-0148-4172-8586
    3890-0148-4172-8586
    The gamecube controller WILL be used to Ssbb. There is also a classic controller for old school games. It's still unconfirmed if it can be used with certain Wii games.

3. Ronan

Ronan WiiChat Member

i hope all wii games can be used with a normal controller if you want a rest or something

4. Blackjack

Blackjack Banned

Ronan: no only some of the Wii games will be able to the GC controller, like Slurba said, one of them being SSBB.

and to answer your question RPG, some games require the Wii controller and some dont, some will use and some will not.
    And just by dropping the controller on the floor a few times wont break it, its Nintendo, seriously, ive heard so many stories about Gamecubes and N64's getting dropped and people trying to break them when they dont break....

so basically there are some different options in a way, for certain games, and for old school games you can use the old school controller, but other than that your stuck with the Wii-mote

5. ratman

ratman The great Deku Tree

you probably will use GC controllers for soccer games

6. Ronan

Ronan WiiChat Member

yeah i never thought about that, that would be hard to control with the wiimote

7. Newkular

Newkular Devil's Advocate

its the only controller with a wrist strap, so you shouldnt be dropping it.
    it appears that the overwhelming majority of games will use the wiimote. with a small percentage using the classic controller or a cube controller. (i sure hope my GameBoy Player controller from Hori still works)

8. in touch with the wii

in touch with the wii prez , you suck :p

Wii Friend Code: 5767-9309-0719-3080
    5767-9309-0719-3080
    :wtf: it wont have tech probs because ur not gonna dorp it r u:wtf:

9. LolygagerX

LolygagerX Wii Are Comeing

They might have a option to change the controller to just button pressing mode for certin games.. that would be cool!

10. ZeroG

ZeroG SexChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3021-4104-5367-1903
    3021-4104-5367-1903
    Just make sure you work out your own opinions on using the controller instead of maybe using a few negative opinions and letting them take up too much mental space.

Dunno how you could do that though, stay overnight at a friend's (with a wii) house?

11. yankeesrule13251

yankeesrule13251 WiiChat Member

on the wii website under games, it shows super mario strikers, the soccer game saying you use the wii mote.....

12. Wishale

Wishale WiiChat Member

lmfao... sorry.. but that made me laugh.. I might ;)

And to answer the origanal question..
    I don't think it will have tech problems.. but i feel the same way about the whole.. moving your arms around thing.. it might get tiring..
    I know that for a few games it has minimal moving though.. like tony hawk..

13. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Unofficial WiiChat Helper

Wii Friend Code: 7114-5214-3386-2022
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    i don't know why you think that ssb: b will use the ngc controller can you please link me to an official source stating this?

anyways i'm sure some games will use it but for the most part no and you always have the New virtual console games that third parties will be making because the vc dev kits where super cheap like 3,000 or 4,000 compared to the usual 6,000 to 7,000 game dev kits these games will use the classical controller and will not be purchased at a store but rather on the nintendo store channel like you would do for a nes game except its not a already made game its a brand new game

14. Flip

Flip WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 6487-0727-1500-1514
    6487-0727-1500-1514
    The guy in charge of creating SSBB came out and said a while ago that we should keep our GC controllers handy for SSBB. It's just not a game that you can really use the Wii-mote for. It'd be far too complex.