Gamecube on Wii, controller problems?

WiiSkier said:
LOL...Suck it Trebek. I put mine on its side, and while looking at it from that angle the little groove where it pops open is barely visible. The memory card one is right there but the controller one is a little harder to notice. Go put it on its side and see what i'm talking about.

You don't think I have done that before.
I can still see the slits where to lift.
Geez.

Ohh....man. I would like to rip on this post, but to his credit, at least his post is completely coherent.

At least he didn't post something like this:
Hye guys! I jus got a Wi on my 9th brithday. Its so frkn awsme. Halo suxxorz. Anyway, I juss boughts my wavebrd, and I was wondring, whre do I plug in my controler it hav no wirez like in the picture thingy! LOL!!!one11!!!

^Crap like that is just insulting to the education system. Easy questions as provided in the OP at least don't annoy the hell out of me.

It's just an innocent mistake to miss the flap. However, in the future it may be wise to consult the manual, first.

It would've been especially useful to look it up before you bought the Classic Controller (the one that plugs into the Wiimote), as only Gamecube controllers will work on Gamecube games. The Classic Controller is only used for most of the Virtual Console games and a very select few Wii games.

P.S. Oh, I actually should've recommended this as well: If you want a wireless controller, be advised that they do exist. I'd recommend the Nintendo-brand wavebird provided by the URL. Third-party wireless Gamecube controllers are significantly cheaper (as low as $15), but I hear they get interference from other wireless devices.

Last edited:
You've got to be kidding me. When I forst got my Wii I examined the $#!T out of it, even IF the flap were hard to find (which its not) you think you'd atleast TRY LOOKING AROUND YOUR NEW GAME CONSOLE for, oh I dunno.....maybe SOME OTHER flap/lid?!??!!
Or, read the manual??
Good god...ANYTHING before getting online, going to the Wii forum, posting a new thread, waiting for the responses....etc....
WOW. I don't usually like being rude, but......
WOW.

I got mine refurbished from GameStop. Didn't come with a manual. And i'm just sayin...maybe that kid couldn't find it cause he's in the same situation I was in; with no manual.

Last edited:
WiiSkier said:
I got mine refurbished from GameStop. Didn't come with a manual. And i'm just sayin...maybe that kid couldn't find it cause he's in the same situation I was in; with no manual.

Then nintendo.com would be the first place to check for information if you have no manual.

Back