need help gamecube games dont work

markhamcam

WiiChat Member
Jul 20, 2007
I need some help. I put in a gamecube disc into my wii. things boot up fine. When I get to the point where I need to press start, there's no reaction. It's like the controller does work anymore. the classic controller worked on the main wii menus but not GC. Can anybody help me. Thanks

just tried and it worked for me........try not plugging the gamecube controller in. Boot everything up and then when you have to hit start, hit it and then plug the gamecube controller in. I dont know sorry.

I think you have to use a gamecube controller if im not mistaken. Correct me if im wrong.

Thanks but that didn't work. I'm not using an old GC controller but a new wii classic. The gc game starts up, shows all the frontend intro graphics then nothing at the "press start". Used to hang out on Big Pine a long time ago

if u want to play gc games u need a gc controller not the classic controller

som 1 is 100% right for game cube games have to use game cube controller. Found that out when pricing Wii's from the salesmen.

Rep me if it heped ya!

Yea the classic controller won't work. GC controller will. You can get one used for a lot less than a new classic too at Gamestop.

im still really pissed that the classic doesn't work on GC cause it should. hopefully they will release a firmware for it

wiiwii said:
im still really pissed that the classic doesn't work on GC cause it should. hopefully they will release a firmware for it
Why should it? They won't change it either, since when you are playing a GC game it functions exactly as a GC would. So unless they make the classic controller work on a GC then it isn't going to work with GC games.

wiiwii said:

Why not, Nintendo probably expected people that had Gamecube games to have a Gamecube controller. The Classic Controller was meant for VC games (NES, SNES, N64, Genesis & TurboGrafx-16).

Nintendo makes more money if you have to buy a classic controller, a gamecube controller, a nunchuck, a zapper, a wiifit board and an SD card.

I think your Wii is broken :(
You should probably just smash it to bits and put the video up on youtube.

um, maybe you put the controller in the wrong port.. did that once...nearly gave the wii back for a new one....:crazy: :shifty:

Back