gamecube games not working in wii

dmg1981

WiiChat Member
Jun 7, 2011
i am looking for some help with the wii,my little brother can't play his gamecube games in his wii. i cannot figure out the problem.

It recognises the games and starts the games but it doesn't let you play. i have posted a picture of what it is saying on the screen. once we get the that screen the wiimote and the gamecube controller cant click on anything or do anything. if anyone knows what the problem might be,please let me know. thank you for your help.

Attachments

• howies gamecube.jpg
    howies gamecube.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 1,092
Are you using a GameCube controller? Wii controllers don't work in GC games.

I would blame the gamecube controller itself. the wiimote never works on gamecube games and an old gc controller is prime suspect number one.

The controller is a generic brand that is compatible with the wii and gamecube.just bought a couple months ago.

So if we had a different controller,we would be able to advance past this screen and play the game??

Hmm, I'm not too sure what controller that would be. But is it plugged into the GameCube controller jack on the side? If so, is it plugged into port 1?

i'm not sure what brand it is either,it was bought at future shop. and yes its plugged into port 1. this is such a frustrating experience lol:confused5:

I you absolutely sure it's plugged into port 1? A common problem is that people plug into port 4 instead. If you turn the Wii sideways so that you're looking directly at the GameCube ports, port 1 is on the far right not the far left like you would normally expect (port 1 is closest to the front of the system).

Back