Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Gamecube games

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by wii.thao, Jan 2, 2007.

1. wii.thao

wii.thao WiiChat Member

Is there a proper way to shutdown gamecube games on the Wii?
    I just bought a controller, memory card, and new gamecube game so that my nephew can play pokemon xd. However, for some reason, it's not saving correctly.

Whenever I save, it says the save was successful. However, the next time I start it, it says the save is corrupted; it thens restores it, but restores to an earlier save. So basically, starting the game over and over from a previous state.

2. match002001

match002001 I'm like a ninja!

Wii Friend Code: 1484-3381-6098-3781
    1484-3381-6098-3781
    So is it close to where you saved it or is there like a big difference?

3. wii.thao

wii.thao WiiChat Member

Big.
    I'll end up saving at like 3 hours into the game.
    Then the one it'll be able to recover is like at an hour or so.

4. match002001

1484-3381-6098-3781
    Yeah that's not normal I think.... Well the way I know how is to have the Wii Remote and then hit the home button and go to the Wii Menu. That works for me....

5. wii.thao

wii.thao WiiChat Member

The wiiremote doesn't seem to respond whenever i am playing a gamecube game hower. It lights all four lights, but it doesn't respond. So, my only was of doing it is to press the power button.

6. pettybo

pettybo WiiChat Member

okay i know its scary to read the manual but please try it some time. backward compatibility with the gamecube for the wii means that you have to use a gamecube controler(wiimote/classic will not work properly) and to save you need the gamecube memory card. The wii's internal memory/sd will not save it...i'm surpised that you saved anything. yep i know it sucks and no I don't know why or if this/or when it will be fixed in the future.

7. MaXiMiUS

MaXiMiUS Custom User Title (TM)

Wii Friend Code: 2573-4546-5926-8361
    2573-4546-5926-8361
    "I just bought a controller, memory card, and new gamecube game "

Yeah, real nice job telling him to read the manual when you didn't even read his post. Yup.

8. wii.thao

wii.thao WiiChat Member

:)

Well, this is very odd. I was wandering, if anyone else here have pokemon xd and is playing it fine on the wii?

9. Vedder

Vedder WiiChat Member

I don't have the Pokemon game but I have the same problem with Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. I can play through just fine but about every couple of saves the saved game gets messed up. Then I have to go to an older save and replay parts of the game. I can tell it's messed up because after about 20-30 seconds it acts as though I've died and pops up Retry or Quit. Other times I notice it because it reverts me back to the sword you start with or the save point you saved at is missing. Wish I knew what causes the problem. I'd probably be done with the game by now if I didn't have to keep going backwards. I only have 1 other GameCube game and it seems fine saving to the same memory card.

10. Calvinhedge

Calvinhedge WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 8160-5319-6257-2561
    8160-5319-6257-2561
    Sounds like a lemon on Nintendo's part. I can save fine on my Wii, at least for the games that I've played (Mario Kart, SSB, MP2, MP1, Zelda). Can it be a faulty memory card? Have you not been ejecting the game? Sorry I couldn't be more help... good luck.

11. wii.thao

wii.thao WiiChat Member

I have no idea. I bought the play on gamecube memory card. 4mb from toys r us. It was the only one there at the moment. I don't know of the quality, but it was 10 bucks. It could be why. Does anyone have any? or have this particular brand?

If not, are you guys using the official nintendo memory? Or what other good brand is there? I never had a gc, so I have no idea.

#11 wii.thao, Jan 3, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2007
  12. match002001

1484-3381-6098-3781
    I would try it on a different game. If it does the samething you might want to format the memory card and try it again. If still nothing contact Nintendo or the company who made the memory card. Wish I could help you better....

13. BJZ

BJZ WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 5805-3503-0638-5913
    5805-3503-0638-5913
    the price and brand might have somting to do with it? i duno :S

14. Vedder

Vedder WiiChat Member

I'm using the Nintendo Gamecube Memory 1019 which was purchased from Amazon.com for $20. Looks like it's $30 now. I'm going to borrow a game from a friend and try it out and see how it goes.

15. BJZ

BJZ WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 5805-3503-0638-5913
    5805-3503-0638-5913
    sounds good, contact Wii.thao if it works :)

16. wii.thao

wii.thao WiiChat Member

Thanks. Oh, and please do Vedder if it works. It's somewhate annoying. Been trying to find the official gc memory cards, but wasn't able to at any store. I guess it's just online. I'll hop over to Amazon too if it works. Let me know alrite. Thanks.

17. Vedder

Vedder WiiChat Member

wii.thao, I tried out the other GC game I have right now called Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and it is saving and loading the saved games just fine. I had also already tried Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and it is saving/loading just fine. The only game I can't get to work 100% of the time on the same memory card is Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. So, my conclusion is that maybe some games are having problems saving to the memoyy cards when played on the Wii. I only have the 1019 memory card from Nintendo and don't plan on buying another so there isn't much more testing I can do unless I get some more GC games which isn't likely either. I can't help but think though that if this was a problem then more people would be complaining.

18. wii.thao

wii.thao WiiChat Member

Exactly. Thanks for the heads up. I would see that it would be a problem and there should be some complaints too. However, it's weird though that some games wouldn't work at all. Were you having save issues with your older memory card also with those other games too? Or was that one working with those other games too. Reason is because I don't want to get another memory just for this one gc game i have. Thanks.

19. Vedder

Vedder WiiChat Member

The 1019 memory card from Nintendo is the only memory card I've ever used or owned. I didn't have another card before this 1.