Gamecube Games

nufc_baz

WiiChat Member
Dec 26, 2007
xmas is making me really skint and wondering (not ever owning a gamecube) if it was worth buying some of there games to use on the wii?????? if they are can any1 telll me what gemes are good.. thanks ppl x

...It requires a GAMECUBE controller and a gamecube memory card.

Good games:

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Mario Sunshine (Yeah, seriously)
I'm forced to say Wind Waker
Killer7
Metroid Prime 1/2
Beyond Good and Evil
Tales of Symphonia
Ocarina of Time if you don't have a 64
Paper Mario 2: The thousand year door
Baiten Kaitos
A certain person says Donkey Konga/Jungle Beat
Super Monkey Ball 2
Timesplitters 2
Soul Caliber 2?

Last edited:
Yes Gamecube had some great games, so it would be worth it for you to dig into the Gamecube vault of gems. Remember you need a Gamecube controller and a memory card to play them.

Some more good games:
Animal Crossing (Looks kiddy, but its good)
Resident Evil 0 or 4

Sunshine really is hated for no reason. I still love that game. But yeah, all of the games listed are pretty good titles. I very much recommend the listed Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. I think that might be favorite Cube title. That, or Wind Waker.

Unwiired said:
Just wait for more titles that are set to come out in the spring for the Wii.

You should still get the best of both worlds, as there was great Gamecube games out back then..and you have the option to play Gamecube games you might as well use it right?

@Brawny

I totally forgot it was out for Wii..and I have the Wii edition :lol:

Melee ftw. That game made me realize how much Nintendo can rule when they try.

CantGetAWii said:
You should still get the best of both worlds, as there was great Gamecube games out back then..and you have the option to play Gamecube games you might as well use it right?

@Brawny

I totally forgot it was out for Wii..and I have the Wii edition :lol:

Yeah, but if you know that a newer title is coming based upon a previous title from the Gamecube, why go through all the effort. Unless your hardcore. Typical example is Smash Bros Melee and Smash Bros Brawl.

Simple, Melee is a classic game and if it were bought now would be a great thing to tide you over till Brawl. You can compare the difference between that and the new one. Play as your favourite characters from the past game that may not be in the one etc. I could keep going but I won't.

Thats why though you should get Melee and the other games mentioned.
Don't overlook what the Gamecube had to offer us.

I recommend a lot of what these guys already said tbh:

The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker
Super Mario Sunshine (I found it a really fun game tbh and liked the bright setting)
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 (Great games, shouldn't be missed imo and pretty tough games to beat aswell if you haven't played them before)
Metroid Prime 1 & 2
Super Smash Bros Melee
Resident Evil Zero & the remakes of the original Res games are pretty good if your a fan of the Res series.

Well aside from your typical games that is on everyone's top 10 list such as your Mario, Zelda, Metroids, Smash Bros ,and Resident Evils

Here are some underrated gems (some are multiplatform)

Beyond Good n' Evil
Vexx
Rayman 3
Alien Homnid
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (although requires the bongos)
Metal Arms
Second Sight
Sphinx & The Cursed Mummy

thanks to every1 for there input. i cant believe so many of you replied.. your advice will come in very handy... i do have the classic control(which btw totally rocks) but dont have the mem card.. thanks again every1. got to go as the baby is screaming... think she is hungry. i dont get 5 mins to wock on the wiiiiiiiiiii.... :eek:)

Back