GameCube JoyBox

s1ngh_01

WiiChat Member
Feb 21, 2007
Hi, does anyone know if the GameCube JoyBox works on the Wii
Its something I just came across, and was considering getting one because I like the ps2 controllers...
Also, I want to get some gamecube games but dont want to spend loads on gamecube controllers, i already have 4 ps2 controls, and these accessories are cheaper..

(Note: For all who dont know, the GameCube JoyBox is an accessory which allows you to use a Playstation 2 controller on your Gamecube.)

Thanks!

sorry, its no big deal tho... I had to rectify my mistake...

Use edit.

This accessory should work with the Wii, if it plugs into the/a GC port. The Wii has the Cube engine built into it, so it is not emulating the GC. Which means, if it works on the GCube, it works on the WiiCube.

PS2 sucks $#& stick with the nintendo constolers, besides mods are illegal. ILLEGAL! NINTENDO CAN SUE YOU! plus would't you want a nintendo wireless GC controler? more money for nintendo. -nintendo fanboy :D :thumbsup:

Wiitendo said:
PS2 sucks $#& stick with the nintendo constolers, besides mods are illegal. ILLEGAL! NINTENDO CAN SUE YOU! plus would't you want a nintendo wireless GC controler? more money for nintendo. -nintendo fanboy :D :thumbsup:

i would seriously like to see nintendo come and sue somebody for a mod... not going to happen for several reasons... 1. its not cost effective 2. its bad publicity.

do what you want for your own 'values' and inform others of what you think, but dont threaten a law suit that has no chance of happening

minto said:
dont double post:mad2:

Maybe you shouldn't post to tell others not to double post? That takes that one extra post out of the equation:D

Though,I guess I just defeated the purpose.

Thanks for the replies people.
Seriously one of these can be considered illegal? after all its an adaptor rather than a mod, all these controllers are in essence proprietary USB connections anyway... (i think! don't quote me on it..)

If anyone has 'actually' tried it on the Wii his/her opinion would be helpful, although I could just go and buy one its only about 5 bucks.

I want to get Smash Bros Melee, have heard great stuff about it, thats why i need either gamecube controls or these joybox's

PS ah the 'edit' button, gotcha!

I have tryed it it works
There worth geting becuase the game cube pad is rubbish for all but gc games and also ps2 pads are easyer to come by

The classic controllers ok but its no good for n64 games

Also look out for the ps2 Street fighter pad its good for non n64 games

sometimes double posts are nessecery. A lot of forums prevent editing your posts and so some people don't even know to look for an edit button.

I run a number of forums and you have to make exceptions and realise that not everyone is trying to post pad.

Thanks Darkprinny! appreciate it.
do you know a good place to order them from? (I am UK based)
I have seen them for £5 each, is that a good price?

I agree i didn't like the gamecube pad, maybe i'm just used to the PS2 controller.
And thanks Neutron2k for your comments

Back