Gamecube not dead...YET!

Lol i have no clue why they would still be manufacturing gamecubes, like that site said we can play our good old cube games on the wii. But i could understand if nintendo were still going to publishing some games still on the cube for those people who havent been able to get their hands on a Wii yet. But maybe nintendo have some devious super genius plan up their sleeve lol.

MztikalAce said:
But maybe nintendo have some devious super genius plan up their sleeve lol.

Hmmmm maybe.
cant see them making them for people who havnt got a wii yet as there are sooo many pre-owned gamecubes out there now. Unless people have the same obsession as me and collect consoles lol. I'll point out i dont realy do this purposefully i just cant find anything else to spend my money on (an damn me if my mother wins and makes me buy 'sensible' clothes with it)

There must be something to it tho - after all you wouldn't manufacture a machine which has been superseded by it's bigger brother for nothing..?!?

Nintendo don't seem to be that stupid - maybe they are still selling somewhere in the world...god knows where!

Is there any major releases which would tempt people back out of retirement to pick one up dirt cheap....ermmmm don't think so :lol:

http://www.eurogamer.net/releases.php?platform=cube

maraudernumber5 said:
Hmmmm maybe.
cant see them making them for people who havnt got a wii yet as there are sooo many pre-owned gamecubes out there now. Unless people have the same obsession as me and collect consoles lol. I'll point out i dont realy do this purposefully i just cant find anything else to spend my money on (an damn me if my mother wins and makes me buy 'sensible' clothes with it)

LoL i too collect consoles,

The article said that it was still producing gamecube hardware, which doesn't necesseraly mean that they still make gamecubes.
Controllers and memory cards are also hardware and according to the article, you'll need those to play gamecube games on wii.
On the other hand, they might still produce gamecubes in some area's because there's a slight increase in demand because of the wii.

Or something like that :scared:

Left Hand & Right Hand springs to mind...

Found this today from Perrin Kaplan...original article here: http://www.wiicafe.com/

In an interview with GameDaily, Nintendo VP of Marketing and Corporate Affairs Perrin Kaplan has come forward with what we have all feared: the GameCube is dead. When asked if Nintendo was producing any more GameCubes, Kaplan responded with a firm "No.", and also confirmed that Nintendo is no longer working on any GameCube titles.

While it's certainly en vogue to make comments about the GameCube's shortcomings, the console certainly had its moments. And with the Wii's backwards compatibility with the GameCube, the system's games can continue to be purchased and played for years to come.

do, do, do do, do do do do do do, dooooooooo (the death march)

Also Kaplan on Wii: http://uk.media.wii.ign.com/articles/763/763955/vid_1906768.html

Mixed signals anyone...?!?

Last edited:
Of course it's not dead lol, right before it died it became a parasite and found an innocent victim: the Wii. You can find their souls inside the Wii and it's even mutated the Wii itself, causing it to grow holes and save card ports so it can feast on it's primary source of food: GC controllers and GC save cards. That's what i call a dominant parasite. :lol:

Bugz said:
The article said that it was still producing gamecube hardware, which doesn't necesseraly mean that they still make gamecubes.
Controllers and memory cards are also hardware and according to the article, you'll need those to play gamecube games on wii.

was searching for an official wavebird yesterday. found one for £18. same shop had cubes for £22!

keep going with hardware PLEASE nintendo!

producing software to hit 2 market bases ( GC and Wii ) also makes sense..

I think the gamecube should just die off. Everyone wants the Wii. I can't think of a reason Nintendo would still be making it. :confused:

Bugz said:

listen to Bugz

Bugz speak truth

Q:VC games with wavebird or classic?
A: wavebird

I know that theres a surge in gamecube games, cuz new fans might want to get caught up with the older games. Mario sunshine, and zelda wind waker are sold out at EB games. Plus there still makingtons of gamecube games, I know 3 people who got gamecubes, and 7 people who got DS. (all cuz i convinced them too, i swear im going to be a nintendo salesman lol)

rawk on nintendo! :cornut:

blogman54 said:
I think the gamecube should just die off. Everyone wants the Wii. I can't think of a reason Nintendo would still be making it. :confused:

idiot. Nintendo production is very uniqe. gamecube = -10 sale of gamecube +14 wii= 15 sale +15 say Money is also a probolm for people. At relese it was 250-260 now its 270-280, not to mention the bundles, (500 plus) but i highly dought they will make gamecubes anymore.

Back