gamecube problem

game99

WiiChat Member
Nov 12, 2006
i have super smash bros for gamecube when i put that in the game boots up fine but the wii remote does not stay synced with the gamecube and wont find the wii remotes when i have the game in but when im in the wii menu it find them, why wont it find the wii remotes i do have the classic controlers that i bought for 20$.

You have to have to have a gamecube controller. I'm not exactly sure if that's what you're asking...

cube

If u wanna play cube games on the wii u have to use cube controllers. You put them in at the top. And u still need to buy cube memory cards if u want to save.

No.

Classic controller does NOT play GameCube games.

To play GameCube games, you NEED A GAMECUBE CONTROLLER.

I think there was a thread with a picture in it, that detailed which controllers work with which part of the Wii.

The classic controller does not have all the buttons that the gamecube controller has. Thus making it pretty difficult to play GC games.

Please don't tell me you assumed that the Gamcube controllers are also wireless and left it hanging, on the top hatch, it's optional to come off, just plug the gamecube controller in there, but I warn you, you must be close to the Wii because it seems like it'll tip over if you're too far away.

you could always purchase wireless gamecube controllers eather wavebird or some other third party one.

Just to clarify before people start (and I reckon some will) moaning, the reason why your Wii remote will never work with Cube games is down to control mapping. As someone stated above, there are not the same buttons on a Wii remote as there are on a Cube control - therefore the in game control setup of a Cube game played on a Wii will not be able to take into account the buttons on a Wii remote.

Haz said:
Just to clarify before people start (and I reckon some will) moaning, the reason why your Wii remote will never work with Cube games is down to control mapping. As someone stated above, there are not the same buttons on a Wii remote as there are on a Cube control - therefore the in game control setup of a Cube game played on a Wii will not be able to take into account the buttons on a Wii remote.

Offhand, which buttons does the GC controller have that the Classic controller not have? It can't be more than one. And why can't the buttons be remapped? NES games downloaded work on the classic controller, so why not something similar, to be redirected to the Classic controller?

White Knight said:
Offhand, which buttons does the GC controller have that the Classic controller not have? It can't be more than one. And why can't the buttons be remapped? NES games downloaded work on the classic controller, so why not something similar, to be redirected to the Classic controller?

Because you can't download GameCube games through the virtual console. Games available through the virtual console have been remapped by nintendo prior to being re-released on the virtual console.

Haz said:
Because you can't download GameCube games through the virtual console. Games available through the virtual console have been remapped by nintendo prior to being re-released on the virtual console.

The games themselves (roms) aren't remapped though. For example, if you dump a rom from the game Altered Beast, that rom does not change whether it's played on a pc, mac, etc. It's just that the emulator does the remapping of the buttons. Why can't the buttons be remapped though some sort of software?

Back