Games for the "casual" gamer.

mirrin

Duct Tape Addict
Oct 6, 2007
Wii Online Code
0703-1902-1226-7953
I'm not exactly a hardcore gamer. I'd call myself a "casual" when it comes to games. Does anyone here have recommendations for games (Wii and Virtual Console) that are just fun and don't require too much of a commitment of time and mental energy?

well, you sound quite a bit like me, and I like wii sports, wii play, and mario party 8, none of them are too intence, and are just fun to play.

exaxtly what the person above said. also most virtual console games are quite long and do require some commitment to finish and most will test your patience.

Well you would like games like Wii Play, and maybe a few movie based games like Spiderman etc.

i didnt even have the patience for spiderman3, lol.

id say get wii play and maybe a game like elebits? idn though ive never played that one. people seem to like rayman a lot too. i wasnt impressed with this but you seem like more of a casual gamer than me.

well there are a couple sports games, that are always fun and easy, like fifa o8, madden 07 and madden 08, and nba live 08, oh and i may aswell mention mario strikers charged

VC Casual suggestions:

SimCity
Pilot Wings (when they come out)
All the Mario Games can be casual
Toe Jam & Earl 1 & 2
New Adventure Island

Wii Casual suggestions:
Carnival Games
Elebits
Mario Strikers Charged

and I have a feeling Luney Tunes Acme Arsenal will be worth a purchase.

zapasant93 said:
well there are a couple sports games, that are always fun and easy, like fifa o8, madden 07 and madden 08, and nba live 08, oh and i may aswell mention mario strikers charged

Hmm... I'm not a big sports fan, but I will have to give Mario Strikers Charged a look, since I am a big Mario fan, :)

thas said:
exaxtly what the person above said. also most virtual console games are quite long and do require some commitment to finish and most will test your patience.

Well, the Wii's ability to put games on hold so you can come back later and continue right where you left off does mitigate some of the factors... though certainly not the testing of patience. :p

sirgrim said:
VC Casual suggestions:

SimCity
Pilot Wings (when they come out)
All the Mario Games can be casual
Toe Jam & Earl 1 & 2
New Adventure Island

Wii Casual suggestions:
Carnival Games
Elebits
Mario Strikers Charged

and I have a feeling Luney Tunes Acme Arsenal will be worth a purchase.

I'm definitely looking forward to Looney Toons... it looks like a lot of fun. :)

Also don't forget about GameCube games!

Get the packs, to save on VC purchases. For packs, I suggest:
Midway Arcade Treasures (my personal favorite)
Namco Museum
Sonic Gems and Mega collections

sirgrim said:
Also don't forget about GameCube games!

Get the packs, to save on VC purchases. For packs, I suggest:
Midway Arcade Treasures (my personal favorite)
Namco Museum
Sonic Gems and Mega collections

I have a decent number of 'Cube games (20 or so) including the classics such as SSBM... though they are getting a bit stale these days. :p

mirrin said:
I have a decent number of 'Cube games (20 or so) including the classics such as SSBM... though they are getting a bit stale these days. :p

Nice, I've been going back through and collecting some of them. They could have put just Smash TV and Gauntlet on the midway pack and it would have been worth it. Way more than worth it with everything else.

I think Carnival Games is fun if you like Wii Sports.

sirgrim said:
Nice, I've been going back through and collecting some of them. They could have put just Smash TV and Gauntlet on the midway pack and it would have been worth it. Way more than worth it with everything else.

I think Carnival Games is fun if you like Wii Sports.

zapasant93 said:
oh, why not get a game like wario ware ??

I shall have to look at those... I haven't seen a single copy of either in any local stores. The main problem I have where I am is that noplace seems to have anything but the most recent games. I imagine that has to do with the extraordinary demand for the Wii itself (finding one is almost impossible... I only got one because our local newspaper forgot to put the Toys 'R Us ad in the Sunday edition a couple of weeks ago.)

Back