GH5 HCSD amazing capabilities!!

stickmode

WiiChat Member
Feb 4, 2009
Hello, IGN reports the new features of GH5 on the Wii, where is remarkable the first and new "SD card Streaming" , this feature allows to run the music tracks directly without the need to temporaly store in the Wii's 512MBs internal memory. Here is the link:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/101/1013118p2.html

Also the fully use of HCSD cards is amazing, with this you can download all the songs you want, using a 32GBs HCSD card you can store up to 800+ songs and if you swap the card the posibilities of storage are infinite.
I'm very pleased with this new solution, even far better than the HD xbox360/ps3 storage solution. This means that Nintendo finally catch up the competency and will support mainstream DLC (expasions, adds, patches, etc..) in future Wii games as the other consoles.
You know the DLC we waiting so long is coming and Nintendo will deliver it!!
I hope this means the start to enable new Wii features like: play DVDs, Netfix service, the Manga Channel, download Wii games on demand, improve the Mii channel with new detailed Miis, all the posibilities the new storage allows.

I'm suprised it took this long for someone to post about this.

The Wii storage problem is solved and at a lot cheaper price than a harddrive would have been! Just a shame it took so long.

I'm suprised it took this long for someone to post about this.

The Wii storage problem is solved and at a lot cheaper price than a harddrive would have been! Just a shame it took so long.

Yes, the storage solution appeared some months ago, but the new about this is the "SD card Streaming", you remember when the Tell Tale developer explain why Monkey Island has some gliches and slow perfomance, he saw: Becose the entire game needs to be copied to the internal Wii memory and when the game ends this will erase automatically from the internal memory. This limitation can be solved, now the episode 2 of Monkey Island can run perfectly and better, with this solution there's no excuses Telltale Games.

About freaking time, this tech should've been on the Wii from the start. To bad Nintendo sometimes thinks in the walls of the box instead of inside our outside.

download Wii games on demand, improve the Mii channel with new detailed Miis, all the posibilities the new storage allows.
On RetroGamer forum we have mostly decided that this is a big waste of time
Perfect Dark Zero for twenty quid?

I can get it for a fiver in its box

Now it's time to INCREASE the Wiiware size LIMITATION from 50MBs to 100MBs or 150MBs, Nintendo!!

With this, we will enjoy better, more detailed and big Wiiware games!!

And of course the remarkable increase in QUALITY!!

About freaking time, this tech should've been on the Wii from the start. To bad Nintendo sometimes thinks in the walls of the box instead of inside our outside.

i think that nintendo was thinking "outtside the box" with the wiimote. nintendo is a video game company not a computer company or sell blu-ray disc players so its obvious that they dont have the graphics as the xbox or playstation

Back