Glasgow Airport Car bomb

wii_cammy

Banned
Feb 6, 2007
In Scotland
Wii Online Code
7340-2535-0641-6266
For those of you who don't know two asian men drove into Glasgow airport and tried to kill hundreds just when the summer holidays had started

Look here for info

Official view on airport incident

Timeline of events at Glasgow Airport as described by official statements

STRATHCLYDE POLICE STATEMENT: 01 JULY 1653 BST
A press conference has been scheduled for 5.30pm at Stewart Street Police Station following the incident at Glasgow International Airport on 30 June 2007.
Deputy Assistant Commissioner Peter Clarke of the Metropolitan Police and Assistant Chief Constable John L S Malcolm of Strathclyde Police will be in attendance.
DAC Clarke is head of the Metropolitan Police's Counter Terrorism Command and the National Co-ordinator of Terrorist Investigation

BAA SCOTLAND STATEMENT: 01 JULY 1630 BST
The main terminal at Glasgow Airport has now re-opened following an extensive clean-up operation, less than 24 hours after the airport was attacked.
All 39 check-in desks in Terminal 1 are now fully operational. Passengers are now being processed in Terminal 1 and T2, and all 64 airport check-in desks are functioning.
Gordon Dewar, managing director of Glasgow Airport said: "We have worked through the night to get Glasgow Airport back up and running, and get passengers to their destinations as quickly and safely as possible.
"With the support of Police, our airline partners and BAA staff, we have been able to re-open the main terminal building within 24 hours of yesterday's attack."

STRATHCLYDE POLICE STATEMENT: 01 JULY 1609 BST
We can confirm that the Explosives Ordnance Disposal (EOD) is presently in attendance within the car park of the Royal Alexandra Hospital after a vehicle was found within the grounds.
It is believed that this car is connected to yesterday's incident at Glasgow International Airport.
There is no indication at this time, that the vehicle contained any explosives however, as a precautionary measure, a cordon has been put in place to ensure public safety and a controlled explosion carried out.
The army officers are still at the scene dealing with the vehicle.

LOTHIAN AND BORDERS POLICE STATEMENT: 01 JULY 1446 BST
The country is currently on a high alert in connection with a number of incidents that have occurred over the past few days.
The Lothian and Borders area remains a safe and secure place to live and for people to go about their business.
No specific threats have been made against any site within the force area however the force is taking every step possible to secure the safety of the people it serves.
Deputy Chief Constable Tom Halpin, the officer in charge of running the force's current operation, said today:
"Following the incidents in London and Glasgow we want to reassure all the communities in the Lothian and Borders Police area that we are doing everything in our power to keep the public safe."

SCOTTISH EXECUTIVE STATEMENT: 01 JULY 1314 BST
First Minister Alex Salmond said:
"Scottish government ministers have met again this morning in the Scottish Executive emergency room in St Andrew's House to discuss the situation.
"The SEER operation is operating on a 24-hour basis, and a range of other frontline staff including fire, ambulance and health service workers have worked through the night to support the police at the scene and help get people back to their homes.
"I chaired the meeting this morning and was again joined by the justice secretary, lord advocate and senior officials to assess how the country is responding to yesterday's incident and its consequences.
"We remain in close and regular contact with colleagues in the UK government. There was a further meeting of COBRA at official level today and both administrations will keep the need for further Ministerial discussions under review."

BAA SCOTLAND STATEMENT: 01 JULY 1304 BST
A phased re-opening of Glasgow Airport is underway.
However, a large number of flights have been cancelled and passengers are urged not to come to the airport unless they have received confirmation from their airline that their flight is due to depart.
Passengers arriving for departing flights will check-in from the T2 check-in area. The main terminal check-in area remains closed until further notice. Unfortunately, delays are expected.

SCOTTISH EXECUTIVE STATEMENT: 01 JULY 1215 BST
Following yesterday's events at Glasgow both the First Minister Alex Salmond and Cabinet Secretary for Justice will be involved in a series of visits in the west of Scotland today.

NORTHERN CONSTABULARY STATEMENT: 01 JULY 1012 BST
Northern Constabulary's head of operations, Chief Superintendent Bruce Duncan said: "The force will be putting additional resources in place to reassure the public, including additional resources at Dalcross Airport, Inverness.
"The additional measures will incorporate increased security and vigilance. We will endeavour to minimise disruption to day to day activity, but would ask members of the public to remain patient at this time.
"The Force's response is in line with that of Scotland's other forces and appropriate measures are being taken."

NHS GREATER GLASGOW STATEMENT: 01 JULY 0953 BST
The Accident and Emergency Department at the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Paisley is now open, having been closed overnight following events at Glasgow Airport yesterday.
One patient detained by police is still being treated at the Royal Alexandra Hospital for severe burns and remains in a critical condition.
One male member of the public is also being treated at the Southern General Hospital and is in a stable condition.

BAA SCOTLAND STATEMENT: 01 JULY 0930 BST
A phased re-opening of Glasgow Airport is underway. A large number of flights have been cancelled.
Passengers are advised not to come to the airport unless they have received confirmation from their airline that their flight is due to depart.
Friends and relatives are advised not to travel to the airport, unless absolutely necessary.
The forecourt around the airport remains closed. However, slip roads around the airport are now open.

STRATHCLYDE POLICE STATEMENT: 01 JULY 0327 BST
Police can confirm that the suspect item found on the man taken to the Royal Alexandra Hospital from Glasgow Airport has now been examined by explosives experts and found to be safe.
Although further tests have still to be carried out on this item, it is not believed to be an improvised explosive device.
The vehicle at the airport is now considered safe, and will be subject to full forensic investigation as part of the ongoing police investigation.

BAA STATEMENT: 01 JULY 0211 BST
Staff have re-entered the main terminal area to begin readying the airport for re-opening.
BAA expects to re-open the airport later this morning.
Gordon Dewar, managing director of Glasgow Airport, said: "BAA staff will be working through the night to re-open the airport as soon as possible. Our priority is to return the airport to normal as quickly and safely as we can."

BAA STATEMENT: 30 JUNE 2352 BST
Following Saturday's terrorist incident at Glasgow Airport, additional security measures are in place at all BAA airports.
Dropping off and picking-up in front of the airport is severely restricted and passengers are warned that there may be significant delays in reaching the terminal itself by car.
BAA strongly recommends that passengers use public transport to get to the airport. Passengers using private cars will find it more convenient to use car parks to gain access to airport terminals.

STRATHCLYDE POLICE STATEMENT: 30 JUNE 2332 BST
Five patients were taken to the Accident and Emergency Department at the Southern General Hospital.
Four of these patients were discharged following treatment and one patient has been admitted.
One patient detained by police is also being treated at the Royal Alexandra Hospital from severe burns and remains in a critical condition.

STRATHCLYDE POLICE STATEMENT: 30 JUNE 2234 BST
Around 1515 hours on Saturday 30 June 2007 a Jeep Cherokee drove into a front door at the check-in area of the terminal building.
The vehicle caught fire on impact. Emergency services were immediately in attendance and two men, from the vehicle were arrested at the scene.
One was taken to the Royal Alexandra Hospital where he is presently detained suffering from severe burns and is in a critical condition. The other man has been detained in police custody.
The vehicle involved is still at the scene and will be subject to detailed forensic examination as part of the investigation. It has still to be verified if any other person was within the vehicle.
We can confirm that we believe the incident at Glasgow Airport is linked to the events in London yesterday. There are clear similarities and we can confirm this is being treated as a terrorist incident.

BAA SCOTLAND: 30 JUNE 2200 BST
Glasgow Airport remains closed following earlier events. The terminal is not expected to open until Sunday morning at the earliest.
Passengers are advised not to travel to the airport. Anyone due to fly overnight, or during Sunday, should confirm the status of their flight with their airline, before leaving for the airport.
Passengers should also check the Glasgow Airport website - www.glasgowairport.com - for further information.
All flights remain suspended for the time being.
About 2,300 passengers are being coached from Glasgow Airport to a reception centre at the SECC, where they will be reunited with friends and family.

SCOTTISH EXECUTIVE STATEMENT: 30 JUNE 2125 BST
Following today's incident at Glasgow International Airport, the First Minister Alex Salmond MSP made the following statement:
"The Justice Secretary, the Lord Advocate and I have just taken part in a meeting of COBRA with the Prime Minister in the chair.
"The incident at Glasgow Airport today as well as recent events in London show that we face threats both north and south of the border - and both the Scottish and UK governments are united in our determination to stand up to that threat to protect our communities."

ROYAL ALEXANDRA HOSPITAL, PAISLEY: 30 JUNE 2100 BST
Due to the police investigation into events at Glasgow Airport this afternoon the A&E department at the hospital in Paisley is currently closed.
Emergency patients are being taken to Glasgow A&E departments at the Southern General Hospital and Western Infirmary where there is capacity to treat them.
The rest of the Royal Alexandra Hospital however, is operating as normal.

THE METROPOLITAN POLICE STATEMENT: 30 JUNE 2052 BST
Enhanced levels of policing and security, included armed patrols and the closure of certain forecourts, have been introduced at Heathrow Airport.
The same approach is being taken at London City Airport. British Transport Police and the City of London Police are liaising with the Metropolitan Police.

STRATHCLYDE POLICE STATEMENT: 30 JUNE 2023 BST
A news conference is scheduled for 2130 at the Stewart Street Police Office in Glasgow.

STRATHCLYDE POLICE STATEMENT: 30 JUNE 1700 BST
Confirmation that two individuals are arrested as a result of the incident. Police make an apology for the inconvenience caused.

STRATHCLYDE POLICE STATEMENT: 30 JUNE 1515 BST
A car was driven into the front of Terminal One at Glasgow International Airport.
Police and Fire Service were immediately summoned and four people arrested and detained.
Local roads have been closed and police are advising members of the public not to travel to the airport.
Incoming and outgoing flights have been suspended until further notice and the airport has been closed.

All Info comes from
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/6257398.stm

Did you hear what happened earlier today, there was a 'controlled explosion' in the car park of the hospital where the guy from the jeep was sent too...

I think they should have let him burnt in that car.. I wouldn't have pissed on him to put him out.

I heard he was at the Royal alexandra hospial
I live like half an hour away from there and want to go and kill him

did ya here about the 2 cars in london the other day... no one in london really cares, infact the whole news system on every channel was only talking about the 2 nail bombs that were found in cars in london, i didn't really care. and none of my family did either. thats just the london way of life, when the bombs went off on the tubes 2 years ago (on saturday) i was on the tube that day, i was back on it the next day, and the day after that. you can't let it get to you. thats how nearly every other londoner feels as well.

One thing I really do hate

It always seems to come back to talk baout you londoners
We have a crisis
Oh wait it happened in london

wii_cammy said:
One thing I really do hate

It always seems to come back to talk baout you londoners
We have a crisis
Oh wait it happened in london
and?...

sorry but london is the capital of england, most things happen here... it's extreamly busy place, lots of tourists...

all i was saying was don't let it get to you, i did that by giving an example. sorry if you didn't like it..

A lot of things happen in the capital of scotland but thats never shown
I think when the elections were on they got about one 5 minute slot

wii_cammy said:
A lot of things happen in the capital of scotland but thats never shown
I think when the elections were on they got about one 5 minute slot
So... did you hear about the crane in london that collapsed, fell into a hotel, most of the hotel is damanged, and 3 people were trapped for 6 hours?

no, exactly, so you don't hear about most of the things that happen in london.

did u also know that for the last 6 odds months, at least 4 teenages have been either stabbed, brutely beatern, or shot to death a week?

I also live in plymouth for half the year, and that city is the size of the borugh that i live in, in london. bigger the place, bigger the news.

Gaz said:
did ya here about the 2 cars in london the other day... no one in london really cares, infact the whole news system on every channel was only talking about the 2 nail bombs that were found in cars in london, i didn't really care. and none of my family did either. thats just the london way of life, when the bombs went off on the tubes 2 years ago (on saturday) i was on the tube that day, i was back on it the next day, and the day after that. you can't let it get to you. thats how nearly every other londoner feels as well.

Yes, but the thing is those car bomb's were found by accident.

One got towed away from a bad parking spot and they relized it's a bomb and the other one a ambulence worker noticed fumes coming out of the car.

But Gaz is right here, they are trying to scare us, thats what they always do, we should just carry on living our lves normally.

2 of my friends were heading back from amsterdam.
Think anything will go down at T in the park - that would cause maximum damage :(

Groves said:
I really don't think ti was a Car Bomb, because if it was, why would they have gotten out?

Surely they would have stayed in their to die?
'''''''
0.o -o
| |_|
--
|||
|||
o o

Groves said:
I really don't think ti was a Car Bomb, because if it was, why would they have gotten out?

Surely they would have stayed in their to die?
not the kind of bomb ur thinking off. it was set to explode petrol to have a large amount of flames.

Back