Godfather Blackhand Edition - Tips

Stallyon

Don of NYC Respect Lvl 50
Feb 22, 2007
Norion
Wii Online Code
2207-7954-7144-9623
I've been playing Godfather Blackhand Edition now for a couple of days since it was released here in the UK and here's some tips that I'd like to share with you.

Extorting Shopkeepers

When you first try and extort a shopkeeper a bar will appear underneath his health which shows you the point where you've pushed him too far. You can keep roughing him up until just before this point. The more you rough him up the more money you will get from him. Try doing a few things to get his weak spot - some shopkeepers hate for their shop to be broken up, some hate to be thrown about, some hate to be hit, and some hate to have their customers beaten up. Do a bit of each and you'll quickly get to know his weak spot. Just make sure you dont kill anyone - especially the shopkeeper.

If you try and extort a shopkeeper while a rival family is stood outside then be sure to get into a fight. They dont like anyone muscling in on their shopkeepers and they'll come at with full force so take these guys out first.

Getting Rid of Rival Family Mob Members

For this its always best to have cops in the local vicinity on your side. Bribe about 4 cops (costs $250 each to begin with) and make your way to the shop (make sure your gun is hidden). Go down the side alley next to the shop and you will see a rival mob family member guarding the back door. Choke him to death, beat him to death or garrote him (this gives between 300 and 400 respect points). Killing one guy becomes more difficult if there are 2 guys down the alley - choke one half to death and then beat the other guy up. It may be possible to get an execution hit on one guy while he's half dead. Learn these as they become a fast way of killing people. If there is a burning oil drum nearby then use it. Grab him and throw him over to the burning oil drum. Teach a man to make a fire and he will be warm for a few hours - set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life :D

With the alley guards dead walk up to the street and pin yourself against the wall, get your gun out and Z-target a mob guy thats stood just around the corner on the street. Target the head and take one shot. Most of the time you will get off a clean shot and he's down. The other guys come running but the sound of the gun will also bring cops running and being as they are on the payroll they will start shooting at the rival mob family and not you. If no cops are nearby then just Z-target a rival member and shoot. The wall will provide the cover you need. Shoot at the rival members to kill them, strangle them to death or just wait until the cops do your dirty work. The rival members may drop health packs so strangling them to death or beating them up will always get you more respect points. A kill via a gun will always get you low points (between 20 and 100) but using your fists will earn you more respect.

Buying out rackets

Once the rival members are dead you can hang around and mourn the dead or enter the shop to extort the shopkeeper. Once the shopkeeper is on your side the door to the back will become unlocked. This leads to the racket behind the shop if there is one. If you walk up to a rival mob family member with your gun out, they will shoot at you. If you hide your gun and as long as things are peaceful between your family and theirs then you should be able to walk around the rooms without getting shot at. Sometimes, however, they will shoot at you without first asking questions. Either kill all mob members as you walk through the rooms or just walk straight past them and find the guy who controls the racket and buy him out. If a rival mob member is on his own then kill him with your bare hands. Never have your gun out when walking into an area. Have it ready to bring out and shoot if need be but if they dont shoot at you then its much easier to walk around.

With most rackets there is a safe. Bring along some dynamite and blow that safe open. Always make sure that the guy who runs the racket is nowhere near the safe cos if he dies then you will lose money on the racket. Grab him and move him to the opposite end of the room behind crates if there are any before planting the dynamite. You have 5 seconds after planting it to get clear.

Safehouses

Its always best to have a few safe houses that you can go to when in times of trouble. There is one just to the west of your starting safehouse that was owned by the Tattaglia family which cost $15,000 (make sure you have enough). Take out the rival mob members and buy the safehouse. Buying this safe house gave me a room full of guns so I always make sure I have enough firepower when going out.

Thats enough for now. Please do add your own tips as well...

Last edited:
Nice tips, very good game. have you registered with EA yet to see what tips they have for the game. I havent got my code because im at work but i will be doing it tomorrow. will add here if there is anything decent to post.

Cheers mate. No, I've not registered yet. will do tonight when I'm back home as also at work :cryin:

San Dimas said:
how do you dodge/block in a hand to hand fight?

I dont have a clue, all ive been doing is grabbing them when they try and hit me back. the fights have been easy for me so far because im not that far into it, so there hasnt been any need, im sure to dodge though you just let go of the Z and run around them.

tbh, i've also not had need to dodge in hand to hand fighting either since all the rival mob families are relatively easy to beat up and throw around.

i presume you are on about the rackets where they have a fighter upstairs that you can beat up for a $1000 stake...i'd say for them you'd need to know how to dodge or block. i've never gone up against these guys yet as i've been focusing on getting my rep built up and taking over as many businesses as I can. I've got all the businesses in the nearby area now and now moving south a bit to get the rest of the ones in Little Italy before I move east into Brooklyn.

I've been having fun by driving past rival shops and plowing through all of the mobsters outside of it with my car. It makes the killing of them quite easy. Probably not the best for my vendetta points, but fun.

I find the best way to get rid of the rival families at shops is to choke the ones at the door, it doesnt cause to much of a fuss.

Stallyon said:
i presume you are on about the rackets where they have a fighter upstairs that you can beat up for a $1000 stake...i'd say for them you'd need to know how to dodge or block. i've never gone up against these guys yet as i've been focusing on getting my rep built up and taking over as many businesses as I can.

ooh didnt know about the fighters, that sounds like fun. Thats all im doing at the moment is getting me rep built up..but im having fun doing it. :smilewinkgrin:

When you build your rep (by fighting with other gangs), what's the best way to do this? (without causing an all-our war)

ok ive registered with EA and got this cheat. Can other people try to see if they get something different. Cheers

To unlock film clips, press the following buttons in sequence at the Main menu: 2 button, minus button, 2 button, minus button, minus button, D-pad up.

and ive justgot this from when i took the survey

When you think youre ready for the challenge, take on a compound. The Tattaglias in north east Brooklyn might be the weakest family in New York, but that doesnt mean they are going to let you walk right in. Bring some bombs along and blow up the support pillars in the basements. You may start a mob war, but if youre successful youll have a new safe house with a bunch of guards.

hope this helps everyone

Last edited:
San Dimas said:
When you build your rep (by fighting with other gangs), what's the best way to do this? (without causing an all-our war)

You could shoot a rival gang member in the head but this draws unnecessary attention to yourself - other rival members will run to help their fallen comrades. plus you only get between 20 and 50 reputation points per kill.

best way is to either beat them up or choke them to death but make sure that no other rival gang members can see. beating them up or choking them will give you between 140 and 300 reputation points. even more if you perform an execution move.

Its a silent kill and you can run up an alley, kill the lonely rival gang member and run out again. they respawn so you can run all over Little Italy killing rival gang members that are hidden without any trouble.

Do bear in mind though that your vendetta will raise up for each kill but as long as you keep it at peaceful then you will be ok. Also, if you leave a family alone then the vendetta within that family will slowly drop.

NOTE: that taking over businesses and rackets without killing rival gang members will not cause the vendetta levels to rise. There are some business tho where you do have to kill the rival members - the nightclub in Little Italy is one. You can not extort the owner without trouble as there are rival members stood right next to her :wtf: guess its time for some police protection and start a fight outside. :D

BTW, I did my first bank job last night - well, I say I did it. I was cruising along and saw a load of police cars outside a bank with cops with guns out. turns out a rival family had done over the bank and they were stood outside with money bags in hand. I bribed a couple of cops which started a gun shoot. i took cover and waited for the bullets to stop firing:

rival gang members dead: 3
rival gang members killed by me: 0
total bullets fired by me: 0
total vendetta increased: 0
total heat increased: 0
total money earned from swiping the money bags from the dead guys bodies: priceless :D

Last edited:
Back