Graphic Problems

antonyjcross

WiiChat Member
Jan 14, 2007
Hello,

New to these problems and unfortunately here to report a problem with our Wii. Have had the machine since christmas and it has recently been showing graphical glitches. These get worse the more intense the 3D action - doesnt affect the video or static (picture) images. It is not game related as it appears on the main channel menu aswell as all games we have (Zelda , Rayman etc). .

Thought it might be heat related so have put the machine back vertical and turned of Wiiconnect. .

Any or ideas or is it back to the shop for a replacement??

Any advice welcome. .

Antony

MaXiMiUS said:
You should be telling Nintendo, not us. You are aware this is an unofficial Wii forum, right?
Sorry - I thought this forum was a place where you could ask for help or advice from fellow Wii owners??

. . .and yes I was aware it wasn't an official forum. .

So does your reply indicate that a replacement is quite likely needed and that it is probably a hardware fault. . I was really interested to see if anyone else had experienced such problems. . .

yes you most likely need a replacement. SOunds like your graphics chip may be giving away.

antonyjcross said:
Hello,

New to these problems and unfortunately here to report a problem with our Wii. Have had the machine since christmas and it has recently been showing graphical glitches. These get worse the more intense the 3D action - doesnt affect the video or static (picture) images. It is not game related as it appears on the main channel menu aswell as all games we have (Zelda , Rayman etc). .

Thought it might be heat related so have put the machine back vertical and turned of Wiiconnect. .

Any or ideas or is it back to the shop for a replacement??

Any advice welcome. .

Antony

Hi antonyjcross,

What did you do to fix this ? I have random dots showing up on my screen, especially when playing Zelda or looking at the Forecast Channel.

Did you end up sending it to Nintendo ?

Thanks

My Wii runs a lot cooler if it's lying flat. Makes sense really. In the vertical position all the heat is concentrated in a smaller area. When it's lying flat, the heat is spread out across a larger surface area for better dissipation.

Not that it gets particularly hot in any case, just runs cooler lying on it's side. I doubt overheating is the cause of your problem, but gotta be worth a try.

Back