Grey Import Questions

Michael Hardman

WiiChat Member
Jan 31, 2007
Ilford, Essex, United Kingdom
Wii Online Code
4319-4628-5021-9858
I recently bought a TV and it arrived with a 2 pin socket and warrenty cards in German and French. I bouhgt it from play.com a big games retailer so I thought it would be fine. Now I know grey imports are legal but what has got me is do companies have to state on the item description that the item is from another country.

As at the moment I'm having a dispute with play.com about receiving an item that is not as desribed in the information on their website, coupled with the foreign warrenty that I can't fill out and theres a stratch i nthe top of the TV.

I'm trying to argue my corner that I want some money off seeing as the item is not as described and damaged, I'm not retuening it as its too mcuh hassle and I have to work.

Do I have a case for compensation as they seem to think I don't.

Sure you do man. If they indeed did not include the fact that it was a foreign tv in the product description, then you have plenty of ground to stand on in this battle. I would just make sure you have all of your evidence straight before you try to take any sort of legal action.

I had a word with my dad and he said they have done all they need to legally by offering a refund or replacement.

I'm going to try convnce them I would settle for a component cable on the basis that I've bought a lot from them and I'll go somewhere else in the future.

Back