Guitar Hero Aerosmith To Make Use Of Drum and Mic Peripherals

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
While you might think a game titled Guitar Hero: Aerosmith would have you playing, you know, guitars, a Best Buy advertisement for the latest [STRIKE]mistake [/STRIKE]chapter in the rhythm game franchise claims you'll be able to play as all of the "famous rock legends" in "America's greatest rock and roll band" -- including the drummer, Joey Kramer, and band's own lady-lookin'-dude, Steven Tyler, using a drum peripheral and microphone peripheral (complete with flamboyantly colored scarf, we assume).

If true, we wonder if Activision would release their own controllers for the game, or count on backwards compatibility with the Rock Band peripherals (fat chance, considering the near feud between Harmonix and Activision over Rock Band's guitar compatibility issues). Not that it matters to us -- the only devices we'd use to interact with a rhythm game featuring songs by Aerosmith are a clay pigeon launcher and our trusty pump-action shotgun.

Source

Last edited:
yeah i'm not looking forward to this game that much. i myself, being 19 years old, missed out on the glory days of Aerosmith. who knows, maybe it will be good and i'll eat my words

i'm so stoked! This will be awesome!
Slash's Snakepit I imagine would be in the game... as with Motley Crue... just because I read that bands that toured with them will also make an appearance in the game... link is here: http://www.rewiredmind.com/blogs/kmxretro/guitar-hero-aerosmith-confirmed/
I think it's that one!

Anyway, it will be great! Can't wait!

PS, "Dude Looks Like A Lady" was written about Motley Crue's lead singer, Vince Neil.

If it comes with custom Aerosmith hardware and Janie's Got a Gun I will most likely pick up my first Guitar Hero :D

one small step for guitar hero...

...and one giant leap for DRUM VILLAIN.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

jimbo said:
whts the point in getting this when rockband is a few months away and has a wider variety of songs.

its true. but then theres the whole EA makes the worst peripherals in the history of gaming thing and i have a feeling there not going to improve it just for the wii. If your a hardcore music game man this new guitar hero drumming might just be the peripheral to show everyone how bad rock bands peripherals are. Love the game tho.

Back