Guns vs Zapper

Potatohead

Let's Interact
Dec 31, 2007
Riverside, CA
I'm looking into buying a first-person shooter game. My research created a concern about getting the right controller for the available games. Initially I wanted to get the Zapper, but a lot of reviews indicated a sluggish trigger performance. Now I'm considering a third-party gun setup.

I would like to hear some opinions about the available gun controllers. Also if you think the Zapper is a better product, please let me know . . .

Thanks!

Well, contrary to reviews...I think the zapper is great. Unlike third party guns, the zapper has a slot for you to set the nunchuck in, which is great for a game that doesn't have rails. If you were to buy a third party, such as the Nyko gun, you would have to have the gun, and then the nunchuck awkwardly in your other hand. I've tried both, and the zapper just feels right. Sure, the Nyko and other related guns may look cooler, but the zapper gets my vote.

The nunchuk locks into the pistol grip of Nyko's Perfect Shot. You can use it locked in or independently in your other hand. It's infinitely better than the Zapper IMO.

I just got the Nyko Perfect Shot a few days ago in the mail, and I'll tell you it is a much better gun than the Zapper. I have the Zapper as well, and I found it awkward, and the Nunchuk must have fallen out at least a dozen times while using it. Through my experiences, the Perfect Shot is the better choice.

Tiger44 said:
I just got the Nyko Perfect Shot a few days ago in the mail, and I'll tell you it is a much better gun than the Zapper. I have the Zapper as well, and I found it awkward, and the Nunchuk must have fallen out at least a dozen times while using it. Through my experiences, the Perfect Shot is the better choice.

How did the nunchuck fall out of the zapper? Just curious.

I'm very happy with the Zapper. I have not used another Gun. Free game with Zapper. It's actually very nice to have two hands on the gun instead of a nunchuk effect.

I have yet to pursue my wishes and buy a zapper however I have heard several good things about Nyko Perfect Shot and Brando Light Gun.

One thing people should know about the zapper is... if you have the nyko wiimote charger and battery packs then the wiimote no longer fits in the zapper, unless you pop the cover off the pack.

Well, I'm completely happy with my Zapper, just keep in mind that you might find it trouble using it efficiently if you don't reconfigure the games controls to get the most out of it.

I like Scarface the world is yours, but that's just my opinion.

Chute said:
One thing people should know about the zapper is... if you have the nyko wiimote charger and battery packs then the wiimote no longer fits in the zapper, unless you pop the cover off the pack.

I use these rechargable batteries and the remote fits well with the Zapper.
1tba47op.jpg

i heard that the dream gear wii blaster is hot and not just because of its looks. my friend said it has a better handle grip.

What it all comes down to is the game you are playing. For example i used the Wii Zapper to play Metroid and this was a big mistake. The game is way to interactive to constrict both controllers thus the Nyko Perfect Shot is the winner of that battle. But i would imagine that the Zapper would do well in a game like Medal of Honour just because all you are doing is walking around and shooting (i am not knocking MoH i absolutely love it).

AlchemistX said:
What it all comes down to is the game you are playing. For example i used the Wii Zapper to play Metroid and this was a big mistake. The game is way to interactive to constrict both controllers thus the Nyko Perfect Shot is the winner of that battle. But i would imagine that the Zapper would do well in a game like Medal of Honour just because all you are doing is walking around and shooting (i am not knocking MoH i absolutely love it).

So how much more different is Metroid (as I still haven't played it or seen more than 10seconds of it being played)? Probably have to use the buttons on the top a lot I guess.

i haven't tried other guns, and i've only held the zapper once at my bros. friends house, it feels great and doesn't look bad, if anything i'd get that for crossbow and aslo because you get a steadier grip with both hands.

261311 said:
So how much more different is Metroid (as I still haven't played it or seen more than 10seconds of it being played)? Probably have to use the buttons on the top a lot I guess.
There are several times where the + and - key need to be held down. A little awkward while cradled in the zapper. But if I remember you can re-map those controls through the setup.

Back