Haku Gaming 2.5

Leviathan

I AM ERROR
Aug 12, 2006
Wales
Welcome again to another exciting edition of the eruditely excellent forum post that presents another posse of perfectly written previews. Ok, some of that is a lie… but it alliterates so it’s ok.

Join me this week as I discuss one (and sadly only one game). However, I’ll justify it by calling this weeks Haku Gaming a “Friday the 13th special” (Instead of the truth that I’m lazy, and as I always type this up on Friday night, tired.)

Day Of Disaster

ch_disaster.png

^Ray, the games protagonist^

So why is it a Friday the 13th special… simple. Buildings collapsing, tsunamis, floods, earthquakes, volcanic eruption, pyroclastic flow and rogue terrorist special forces stealing thermo-nuclear weapons… that’s a bit more than a “disaster” Nintendo.

That’s right this weeks game is “Day of Disaster” in which you play the role of Ray a former member of a elite rescue force, and clearly the only person capable of saving America. The game is to feature amazing physics and graphics to place you in the middle of the action and chaos. It’s seems to be a cool “Day after Tomorrow” type game, which would be cool enough in itself… but if that wasn’t enough they added terrorist-special-forces with nukes. Thus far we know there are foot missions swimming and racing down a mountain to avoid pyroclastic flows.

That right there sells the game to me… out racing 150km/h instantly carbonising liquid like rock and gas. I mean that stuff turns you into a statue. Can you honestly tell me you never dreamed of doing that… ok maybe but I have.

So in conclusion, Day of Disaster the wii exclusive survival/action game that looks set to start a franchise of it’s own.

Top 5: Or how I couldn’t think of ten things to put on this list

That’s right a brand new feature… maybe it’ll be recurring maybe it won’t I’m unpredictable like that. Your views on it would be greatly appreciated.

So what’s the theme of this weeks top 5? “Unluckiest video game characters”. Of course this is my own opinion and as it’s 9 o’clock on a Friday night not well researched but we’ll press on regardless.

5: Jack Bauer (24)~ Well he’s got a video game… ok the first two were filler.

4: John McClain (Die Hard)~ See above

3: Mario (Mario)~ Why, simple… “Thank you Mario. But are princess is in another castle.” How many castle are there? I mean seriously how many castle are there? Sure the princess may have been kidnapped ten times but Mario was unlucky enough to have to go to seven different castle before he got to the right one.

2: Lisa Trevor (Resident Evil)~ According to wikipedia she survived where as the unfortunate ones died. Yes how fortunate you were to be beaten/exploded/experimented on/shot/starved/nuked/etc. Actually I don’t know she survived all this, unlike are final entry.

1: Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) ~ How many times has he died? 10? 20??

So until next week… best of luck.

It's meant to be a vehicle for reviews and previews. But that dosn't stop it becoming a random rant about certain games.

Back