Haku Gaming Season 2

Leviathan

I AM ERROR
Aug 12, 2006
Wales
It’s Friday and you know what that means.

Well, actually you don’t ‘cos this is the first time I’ve done this. It has been a fortnight since the last Haku Gaming and since this I’ve got so much from this site I’ve decided to do something for the site.

Therefore I will be returning the kidney of the site (Sam Harris knows what I’m talking about :)) to its rightful place (the posterior of the abdomen)*.

So, from now on Haku Gaming will be put up by me on Friday and contain three tenuously linked reviews/previews. If you want to write your own Haku Gaming, feel free. If your Haku and you take offensive at my blatant thievery, I mean continuation of the article tell me. And finally if you have a review you want to be in next weeks Haku Gaming for some reason (perhaps to take advantage of my editorial experience) PM me.
So with out further ado, let us begin… today’s tenuous link is “Rumoured multi-console launch titles for the wii”

Title: Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Release Date: Launch Title
Other Consoles: XBOX 360, PS3

Some of you may have played Blazing Angels already on the XBOX 360, some may have seen it on an indoor display and decided to try and perform strafing runs on harmless civilians… OK, maybe that was only me. Blazing Angels is an air combat game, it contain 42 planes and 18 missions, but a wikipedia article could tell you that, I’m here to help you work out whether you should part with your hard earned cash or not.
First things first, it’s an arcade game not a simulator. This means that within 2 minuits you’ll be an aerial ace, and your unlimited supply of bullets means accuracy is about as important as an umbrella in the Sahara. For some this is a pro, while for others this will be a con… while I appreciate games with a depth that takes a while to master, sometimes you just want to unwind my shooting the heck out of anything that moves. The next feature that can be viewed as either a pro or a con is your near invincibility, badly damaged? Just call Joe, and by reversing the polarity of the neutron flow (easily achieved by tapping a few buttons) you’ll be at full health again.
While being an invincible aerial borne killing machine with unending amounts of ammo certainly sounds fun, the limited number of missions and ease of the game means that you really need to play it against other humans.

Title: Call of Duty III
Release Date: Launch Title
Other Consoles: XBOX 360, PS3, XBOX, PS2, PSP

Ok, the PSP isn’t a console, but you know what I mean. Also while looking at the console line notice anything else… that’s right no Gamecube or PC release!

Those of you who’ve played Call of Duty know what to expect, another WWII shooter, this time set around the Normandy breakout. This time you get to play as British, American, Canadian and Polish soldiers (you don’t get to play as the Russians or, strangely the French). New Hand to Hand combat is to be included allowing you to steal enemy weapons, and unique to the Wii version are “Battle Gestures”
What are these “Battle Gestures”? I have no idea, but at least wii (couldn’t help myself) got something the other versions don’t :smilewinkgrin:

Title: Metal Slug Anthology
Release Date: Launch Title?
Other Consoles: PSP

So what is Metal Slug anthology? Simple it’s a compilation of Metal Slug 1, 2, X, 3, 4, and 5. I’m not the biggest fan of metal slug but for quarter eating, side-scrolling, fast paced arcade shooting action you can’t find better. To be honest I’m pretty sure that you’ve all seen/ played metal slug… so I’ll tell you what’s rumoured to be in the Wii version. “Unique contoller functionality and online capabilities…”
I did say they were rumours, ‘cos to be honest there’s not much info out there on this game.

........................................................................................................

Well that’s it for this week, please leave comments telling me how I can improve, but not simply saying “Haku was better”

Please join me next week in another vain attempt to up my post count…

~Leviathan

* If this paragraph makes no sense to you, fear not. I sometimes scare myself.

Last edited:
ahhh my side feels filled again lol nice work no offense haku (ha your not here so to bad) i think this was done better then the orginal all because it was short and sweet and nothing about returning your ninja honours yeah great work

Back