Halo Lore

Shadowking

Super Geek
Jul 16, 2007
California
Wii Online Code
3347-5827-8593-7298
As some of you know, I strive to become a game designer and as such I love delving into the lore of my favorite franchises, and Halo is no different. I have not yet read the books (I thought I was going to get them for XMas but I didn't =/) but I have beaten all 5 games and own the Halo Encyclopedia. I am desperately looking forward to Halo Reach.

Anyways, the vast universe, full of history...the Forerunners, the Flood, the UNSC, the Orbital Drop Shock Troopers, the Spartans, the Covenant, the Arbiters...SO much to discuss, I don't even know where to start. So...let's talk!

The Halo games only swap to third person if you are in a vehicle or holding a turret.

The name Halo comes from Installation 0-4, the original Halo ring. The rings are giant structures created to stop the Flood (aka the Infection) from spreading. They were created by the Forerunner. Installation 00 was the Ark, created to fire all the Halo rings at one time. Zero Four is in the first Halo, Zero Five is the second, and you find the Ark in Halo 3. I can go into more detail but it will involve spoilers.

Sort of. The Flood forms can infect dead bodies and even living ones if they can overpower them...but they can also exist on their own as pure forms, sentient life is just their food source. So not exactly zombies.

Oh it's amazing. There are tons of custom games and maps and whatnot...and good variety of weapons. Check out Bungie.net though...they have all kinds of info, including heatmaps which show where most people die on which maps and what weapon is the most useful on which map etc.

Back