Halo Wars Belongs to Ensemble

TheCosmicFrog

WiiChat Member
Mar 5, 2007
Logo-2.gif

Most would've thought that Bungie has the final say when it comes to farming out its beloved Halo franchise to other developers, but according to Ensemble it's in full control of Halo Wars.

Screen1.jpg

"It's our game," lead designer Graham Devine told CVG. "We worked closely with them on the story and they give us continuous feedback, but they let Ensemble make an Ensemble game."

Apparently, despite how remarkably the Age of Empires dev has managed to capture the Halo look, all of the Halo Wars assets were built from the ground up for the RTS as well.

Screen3.jpg

"We're excited to bring RTS to a console," pipes in producer Chris Rippy. "So many people have an Xbox and have never played this type of game before, so we need to make sure that they get in the game and enjoy it."

Halo Wars is due out early next year on 360, with a demo due to hit Xbox Live shortly before release.

SOURCE

What's my opinion on Halo Wars? My same opinion on all Real-time Strategies. Great. RTSs I've played have been Age of Empires, Submarine Titans and a few more. CZMQFRG also likes his Turn-based Strategies i.e. Civilization.

The one problem I have with Halo Wars is that it's on Xbox 360. Game pads have never exactly worked well with the old fashioned classic point-and-click games, and I don't think they're going to start working too easily either. If this were ever to come to Games for Windows, I might just buy it, but then, it's more than inevitable that at some stage it will arrive at the PC doorstep.

Screen4.jpg

Knowing the team from Bungie, this game will be packed to the brim with devastating and somewhat cunning weaponry. The A.I. is another trait to watch with glee.

If Bungie and Ensemble can pull this off, then Halo Wars could be one of the greatest strategy games ever to grace our controllers. We are worthy.

CZMQFRG

Last edited:
You bring us news that Bungie is not making Halo Wars then say that they will make it packed with stuff??? Oh and if you haven't played C+C3 RTS's work fine on Gamepads

Well I suppose this is sort of a smart move, this way, Bungie will be able to focus on creating Halo 3 but still is strongly linked with halo wars, perhaps they thought that ensemble was their best choice to create the halo RTS?

Back