An RTS title for Wii?

Creazil

WiiChat Member
Feb 22, 2009
So I got a wii today, and I've been thinking of how the Wiimote controls everything.

On the xbox 360, in four days, Halo Wars is released, specifically made for the console. Halo Wars is a RTS (Real Time Strategy) game which will and does work really well for the console and is easy to use.

RTS games usually stay on the PC, I'm new to the genre and want to buy loads more. The Wiimote, however, seems to have a bigger habit of moving quickly around the screen, which is why a mouse has always been the key factor to RTS games, and I'm wondering, do you guys think an RTS title for the Nintendo Wii would work?

The best RTS will always be PC based. Halo Wars will be a great game if you enjoy the RTS genre, however a lot of the basics from standard RTS games have been sacrificed (e.g. removal of economy and several other micro-management options).

The Wii remote could probably handle a more complex RTS than an Xbox game pad. However, the demand for RTS on the Wii is extremely low due to most Wii users being casual or looking out for more action-based games.

Best advice is, if you want a good RTS, look for them on the PC - they are not usually very high spec games, so you shouldn't need a great gaming computer to fully enjoy them.

anything outside of a keyboard + mouse for a RTS results in lackluster results. If you're looking for some type of a RTS, I'd recommend Battalion Wars, but that's probably more of a strategy/shooter than anything else.

The only game that can really be mentioned in this category is an upcoming WiiWare game called Swords and Soldiers. Other than that, I can't think of any RTS games that are out or are coming. I suppose "Little Kings Story" has some RTS elements, but it isn't really a RTS game per se.

The DS is where Nintendo puts all its strategy games for some reason. There are a number of RTS and turn-based strategy titles for the DS.

Back