Chance Of A Surprise Headset?

Warrior

WiiChat Member
Jun 11, 2007
Battalion Wars 2 comes out in America in just two weeks. With no headset in sight.

BWii2 is a RTS game. its IMPOSSIBLE to play an RTS co-op without communication. Not to mention the other games coming out that CRAVE headsets.

id say around 90% of Wii owners would like a Headset. roughly 40% of us are extremely pissed we havent already got one. And are angry at the big N. Im one of those people.

Nintendo. This Message Cant Be Any Clearer. We NEED Headsets. And we need them ASAP.

BWii2 will come down a big big level without voice chat. Nintendo need to realise that.

You think theres a chance Nintendo wil release one before/with Bwii2? I mean IGN even made an appeal for a headset for us, theres been loads of talk about it on forums and Ninty couldt have missed al the emails from customers. Its possible. I really hope it happens.

Thoughts?

Even if it does come out you will only be able to chat with friends online, and just to clarify BW2 isn't an RTS, it's pretty much a third person shooter with a few strategy elements, not a true RTS. It's more like Gears of War and less like Starcraft.

However I see a Wii headseat coming soon, they embraced it for the DS and will probably do the same for Wii. So just be patient.

If there were a Headset released before BWII we would of known by now.

With BWii most likely being the first great online shooter for wii, it would be suicidal for Nintendo to not release headsets. Nintendo has got a pretty good hold on games and franchises , but I'm seriously starting to doubt if Nintendo will ever get accessories and online right. Apparently, the BWii online will only support 2 people at once!

Nookslave said:
With BWii most likely being the first great online shooter for wii, it would be suicidal for Nintendo to not release headsets. Nintendo has got a pretty good hold on games and franchises , but I'm seriously starting to doubt if Nintendo will ever get accessories and online right. Apparently, the BWii online will only support 2 people at once!

BWII = RTS

Red Steel = Shooter

--------------------

C&C = RTS

Unreal - Shooter

:yesnod:

Nookslave said:

2 people at once!! zOMG!! That Sucks!! o_O

Cpt.McCloud said:
BWII = RTS

Red Steel = Shooter

--------------------

C&C = RTS

Unreal - Shooter

:yesnod:

C&C has more strategy elements than shooter.
Battalion Wars has more shooter elements than strategy.

Either way though, if BWii doesn't get a headset or something, it just won't be the killer online wii game that we hoped.

Nookslave said:
C&C has more strategy elements than shooter.
Battalion Wars has more shooter elements than strategy.

Either way though, if BWii doesn't get a headset or something, it just won't be the killer online wii game that we hoped.

The genre is still RTS, thats what the game is, you command a squad, you battle etc.

Not, hold a gun, shoot, shoot, shoot some more etc.

Cpt.McCloud said:
The genre is still RTS, thats what the game is, you command a squad, you battle etc.

Not, hold a gun, shoot, shoot, shoot some more etc.

It doesn't even matter what genre it is! This game is going to really plummet without any communication accessory. End of story.

Nookslave said:
It doesn't even matter what genre it is! This game is going to really plummet without any communication accessory. End of story.

The Genre does matter...

*Mario kart online*

'Right, Il pass through the cut and try to slide round that bend hopefully hitting player 4'

'I heard that!'

*BWII Co-Op Online*

'Build a station there, il scout over the hill'

'Move, move, I have been spotted'

'Ok, il stop production'

See the difference?

Cpt.McCloud said:
The Genre does matter...

*Mario kart online*

'Right, Il pass through the cut and try to slide round that bend hopefully hitting player 4'

'I heard that!'

*BWII Co-Op Online*

'Build a station there, il scout over the hill'

'Move, move, I have been spotted'

'Ok, il stop production'

See the difference?

Seeing as you don't see my point how the genre doesn't matter, I'll pretend your coherent for a minute here. This game has online, M'kay? It requires strategy,alright? If it's ONLINE with OTHER PEOPLE, and it involves any kind of strategy, it's almost essential to have a form of communication. If I could have it my way, every online game would have voice support, But Nintendo is more concerned about all the 7 year old gamers online with voice chat hearing some guy saying "Oh my Gawd noob! I fragged your &$*!"

Anyways, it needs voice support. Genre asside.

Nookslave said:
Seeing as you don't see my point how the genre doesn't matter, I'll pretend your coherent for a minute here. This game has online, M'kay? It requires strategy,alright? If it's ONLINE with OTHER PEOPLE, and it involves any kind of strategy, it's almost essential to have a form of communication. If I could have it my way, every online game would have voice support, But Nintendo is more concerned about all the 7 year old gamers online with voice chat hearing some guy saying "Oh my Gawd noob! I fragged your &$*!"

Anyways, it needs voice support. Genre asside.

Yes, Im all for it but contrary to your belief, genre matters for features of a game.

@Dakuda, His numbers come from an IGN readers poll I believe...Biased, dont you think?

Back