Wii RTS (Real-Time Strategy)

Jayman

hagakure
Nov 22, 2006
Wii Online Code
8917-6501-7332-1191
Ok, it is a fact that RTS sucks in joypad controlled consoles. I remember buying Command and Conquer on the PS-One and threw it out the window after a couple of days. I stuck to my PC. One thing is that it is hard to maneuver and it is not as smooth when compared to the mouse. For those who are or were a fan of RTS, you know, right?

Now that we have the wii and its wiimote (said wii three times, four actually), I could imagine that the gameplay would be intense since you'd feel like Tom Cruise in Minority Report. I would think "Black and White" could be released again with better graphics and tweaked features. Or Westwood could fit C&C3 in if they could.

Too bad Wii didn't think of adding an RTS with the launch. If they did, that game would stand out since I have never heard any RTS games that rocked in PSOne, PS2, XBox, XBox 360 or even PS3. If they did, tell me so. But when you think about it, Wii will reopen the RTS games to the masses... and to those who doesn't have a good graphics card in their PC :wink:

mmm RTS, I love them.

I never thought about RTS on the Wii yet, sounds interesting but if they did it, the pointer would need to be very accurate or at least larger than normal units to select.

I was thinking of using the Analog to scroll the map and the cursor not influencing the view of the map.

I have an idea where you drag and drop building icons when you want to build a building (how many times did I say building?) by holding A and B. Then tilt the remote to turn the building around. Release A and B to start building.

I also have an idea for the nunchuk. Remember in C&C Red Alert, when you have to press a specific button to scatter your selected troops? Hold the C button and shake the remote to do so. Also, if you want to rush your troops, hold the C button and flick it forward. Then, hold the C button and flick it backwards to hold position or stand ground.

Also, if online capabilities came out!

You fill in the rest...

Reggie! If you reading this, cash in on the idea :smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:
That would be extremely fun..but with your nunchuck idea. I think the nunchuck isnt responsive enough to flick forward to do those type of things. Think about it..wouldnt it get really frustrating if you scattered your troops when you wanted to go foward? Vise Versa? I hope they make a military one..not a starcraft type.

I would love to see command and conquer games on the Wii, with Jaymans descriptions of what the controls would be like, I'm all for it!

Especially online multiplayer!

Last edited:
When I first heard of the Wii, well the Revolution, I thought RTS. The only small problem is that TVs are a bit blurry for RTSes, but not too blurry. And why hasn't anyone mensioned Age of Empires, its the only RTS I play and I love it. I would even enjoy a TBS (turn based strategy) like Advance Wars.

Nintendo should have at least had an online RTS on launch day. That would really put the Wii on the map. Come on Nintendo!! Step the game up!

Now that you mentioned TBS miiplaywii, Romance of the Three Kingdoms would become the best with the cursor and the ease of the wii-mote. :cornut:

Jayman said:
I have never heard any RTS games that rocked in PSOne, PS2, XBox, XBox 360 or even PS3. If they did, tell me so.

LOTR BFME 2 is an RTS xbox 360 game, and imo is extremely fun and is actually pretty easy to controll.

Last edited:
The nunchuck is definitely accurate enough to give formation commands by flicking it in a certain direction. In fact, that would add a lot of accessibility to formations and advanced options in an RTS.

See trauma center for an example of nunchuck tool swapping.

I think a Wii RTS would be awsome. Probably good for PC Ports. He He. Mario RTS. I was thinking about DS RTSes. 2D ones. Would be nice.

Back